Apple has issued a service program notice for its AirPods Pro manufactured before October 2020.
The faulty Apple AirPods Pro symptoms include
- Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
- Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise
The service notice is here and the cause is unknown. MacRumors say it is a hardware issue because it does not happen when ANC or Transparency mode is disabled.
Apple also issued the following Apple AirPods Pro advice
- Make sure you have the latest software.
- Check that your connected device is nearby and that there are no obstructions and no wireless interference between you and your device.
- Listen to audio from a different app to see if the app causes the issue.
AirPods Pro will be replaced for 2 years after the first retail sale of the unit.
The $399 AirPods Pro feature sweat resistance (IPX4) and Active Noise cancellation. GadgetGuy reviewed these in October 2019 rating 4.8/5. We wrote
The AirPods Pro takes what is great about Apple’s original AirPods and builds on it. The Noise Cancelling and Transparency modes are invaluable to those who rely on their earbuds for commuting, long-haul travel or spend a lot of time making hands-free calls. Audio and ANC quality is very good too.
The AirPods Pro also addresses previous fit issues, are comfortable, and the shorter stalk looks better in our opinion. The price may seem steep at $399 however they’re on par with the likes of Sony’s WF-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, while being better integrated with Apple’s devices.