ASUS, creators of the Eee PC, today announced the newest addition to the Eee range, the touchscreen-enabled Eee Top.
The all-in-one Eee Top ET1602 has a 15.6 inch LCD screen and five-wired resistive touch panels, which allows you to perform tasks by applying direct pressure with just a fingertip.
The Eee Top displays large icons and tabs which provide easy access to applications such as Eee Manager for easy system management, out-of-box productivity with Microsoft Works and Star Office, handwriting recognition with Soft Stylus, Eee Memo scribble sticky notes, YouCam for video chat, exciting Eee Cinema media centre, and powerful web surfing that supports drag-and-drop functions, widgets and ‘speed dialing’ with Opera Touch.
Other features includes Wi-Fi 802.11n for internet access, built-in speakers and an integrated 1.3 megapixel web camera and microphone array for web conferencing. Employing ASUS’ Tranquiraller Technology the Eee Top has a smart air flow design with quiet fans, plus heat dissipation materials to ensure it stays cool while opeting at a quiet 26 dB.
The compact form factor means it won’t take up much space on your desk, and the unit includes a carrying handle which doubles as a keyboard holder.
Price and availability
The Eee Top ET1602 will be available in Australia from February 2009 at Harvey Norman. RRP: AU$1,299 inc GST.
Price and availability
The Eee Top ET1602 will be available in Australia from February 2009 at Harvey Norman. The price will be $1,299 RRP. At the time of writing there is no confirmation available on the length of time Harvey Norman have the exclusive on this product.
- Model: Eee Top ET1602
- Screen: LCD 15.6 inch 16:9 wide panel
- Touchscreen: Single touch; accepts finger or pen input
- Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Home with Express Gate
- Processor: Intel Atom N270
- Chipset: 945GSE + ICH7
- Memory: DDRII 1 GB
- Hard drive 160 GB SATAII 5,400 rpm
- Graphics: Onboard graphics
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11n
- Speakers: 4 W Hi-Fi speaker x 2 + SRS Premium Sound System
- Audio chip: High definition audio chip
- Side I/O ports: USB 2.0 x 2, card reader
- I/O ports: 3 audio ports for 5.1 channels; Microphone port in ß> Center/Bass; Line in ß> Sur R/L; Line out ß> Front; Gigabit LAN x 1; USB 2.0 x 4
- Power supply: 19 V DC, 4.74 A, 65 W power adaptor
- Net weight: 4.3 kg