The new 40-inch version of the acclaimed BeoVision 8 TV possesses a Full High Definition screen and a range of exciting new picture improvement technologies, including 100Hz frame rate technology with motion compensation. As a consequence, the picture refresh rate sees a reduction in the inherent blur of LCD technology.
BeoVision 8 40-inch also includes contrast improvement technology called Dynamic Contrast, which optimises the contrast according to the picture content in each scene.
In addition, Bang & Olufsen’s BeoLink home integration functionality and extra video connections can be included with a convenient plug-and-play module.
The sound performance of BeoVision 8 also sets new standards for compact televisions. The down-facing bass speaker provides a firm foundation for movies and music programmes, while the front units are tuned specifically for the reproduction of human speech. The overall sound is extremely natural and clearly audible, giving the feeling of voices coming directly out of the screen.
Designer David Lewis explains: “We moved the sound forward and up, designing the TV like a proper stage with an orchestra pit. This ensured the synergy between performance and design expected of Bang & Olufsen.”
Flexibility with placement
BeoVision 8 offers maximum flexibility as this compact television can easily be moved around and placed high or low; the retractable feet support BeoVision 8 casually either directly on the floor or on a countertop, and the elegant stands and wall brackets programme will cover customer’s every need.
Priced at $7,990 (price includes the Beo4 remote), it is a product for those with deep pockets, or a commitment to a certain aesthetic.
- Designer: David Lewis
- Dimensions (W xH x D): 106 x 62.3x 25.5 cm + stand
- Weight: approx. 26 kg
- Cabinet finish: Black soft touch/silver
- Power consumption: Typical: 246 W / Standby 0.5 W
- Contrast screen?: No
- Teletext and Picture: Teletext Level: 11/2, 2000 pages Teletext and Picture, 9 memory pages, WSS
- Screen type: 40″ 16:9 TFT LCD with glare surface and low reflection coating, display colours 1.08 billion
- Refresh rate: 100Hz
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Brightness: Typical 500 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: Typical 3000:1
- Response time: Typical 6 msec.
- Viewing angle: Typical +/-89 degrees both vertically and horizontally
- Operating conditions: 10-40 degrees C
- TV system: According to type and setup: B/G/L/L’/I/D/K PAL, SECAM, NTSC on AV.
- Tuning: 99 programmes, autotune, programme move and automatic naming
- Stereo system: A2 + Nicam
- Digital TV system: DVB-HD