What Is the beamz?
The beamz is a pioneering and patented invention that inspires people to create music easily by interacting with light and sound.
The product has six laser beams. Breaking any one of the beams with your hand triggers the system to play streams of musical notes or sounds.
Every performance is a success because whichever beam you break, the music will always be harmonious.
Play it alone or with friends and family for a fun group experience.
The beamz music system has three components:
- Interface – This is the physical body of the system; a “W” shaped device that contains six lasers.
- Software – This is the mind of the system – a PC-based software application to load onto your computer. It responds to the performers motions. MacBook Pro users can play the beamz while running a virtual windows software (see system requirements below for more detail).
- Music library – This is the soul of the system. The product comes with 30 original works in a variety of musical genres including rock, jazz, blues, reggae, country, hip hop, latin and classical. Because each player-inspired performance is unique, the true number of arrangements is unlimited. Players can purchase more music, online at thebeamz.com.
While very easy to use, the brain behind the beamz is a complex system that is powered by sophisticated software and five new patented processes.
The player experience
The beamz can be used by anyone regardless of musical experience or skill. Players create unique and harmonious music every time. They enjoy the personal expression and passion of performing music with no training or sour notes. Every performance is a success.
To get the most out of the beamz system, we recommend the following minimum computer system requirements:
- A Pentium 4 processor.
- A PC running windows XP with Service Pack 2 and .Net 2.0 or Windows Vista.
- A minimum of 512 MB of system memory (one GB or greater preferred).
- Four GB of free hard disk space.
- One free USB port. The beamz controller will not function correctly if connected to a USB hub.
- A monitor with a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels or better.
- A sound card and a speaker system or headphones.
- Note: If you own an Intel-based Macintosh with a discrete video card (such as a MacBook Pro or a Mac Pro, but not an iMac or iBook or MacBook), you can run the beamz using virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop 3.x or VMware Fusion.
Price and availability
BeamZ Music Laser Harp is available from the smarttec website, with a price of $600.