While it might have taken some adjusting, iPhone 7 users have generally made do without a headphone jack. Most would have swapped their old earbuds with the lighting-jack equipped Apple EarPods that came in the box, or gone wireless with a set of bluetooth headphones.
However, if you’re the type who wants to charge your iPhone while listening to it via headphones at the same time, an adaptor is still needed.
Since Belkin worked with Apple directly to design the adaptor, you can be confident that it will work with all lightning-based headphones, and it’s not going to fall out, fall apart or blow up your phone anytime soon.
Belkin has also ensured that the male end of the cable is slim and easy to plug into phones with cases on them.
The only downside is that you can’t use the adaptor to connect to two sets of headphones. It can only be used to connect one set of headphone and one charger, and no, you can’t halve your charge time by connecting two sets of chargers at once.
The new Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar is available now for a RRP of $59.95 on Belkin’s website and at Apple retail stores.
Lighting Audio + Charge RockStar Features:
– Dual functionality so you can listen to Lightning Audio and charge at the same time
– Compatible with Lightning Audio headphones† and Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
– Supports pass-through charging up to 12W for iPhone and iPad
– Supports up to 48 kHz, 24-bit audio output
– Works with the Apple iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case and battery packs for on the go charging
† Supports one Lightning Audio device and one charger only