Bitdefender 2019 consumer security suite (announcement)
Forrester Research named Bitdefender as a leader in consumer end-point security. The company says its Bitdefender 2019 consumer security suite will stop the most sophisticated attacks.
Bitdefender operaters in a very crowded market. One that needs a constant stream of new features to stay ahead of the competition.
It says it protects over 500 million end-points and performs 11 billion security queries each day. It takes as little as three seconds to anticipate and act to neutralise the newest dangers anywhere in the world.
The Bitdefender 2019 consumer security suite features
- Network Threat Prevention monitors the system in-depth for all avenues of attack. It may prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities in the system. It detects and blocks brute-force attempts, prevents devices from being compromised in botnet attacks and keeps sensitive information out of unencrypted web forms.
- Ransomware Remediation identifies ransomware-behaviour and automatically backs up and restores files.
- Security Advisor – a silent partner that takes care of things to a security advisor that helps users discover how they can benefit from additional security features depending on their specific needs.
- Advanced Threat Defence monitors active apps for suspicious behaviour, ready to take instant action to prevent infection.
- Web Attack Prevention ensures you never land on a harmful website and informs you whether your search results are safe before you click on a link.
- Anti-Phishing technology sniffs and blocks websites that masquerade as a legitimate site to steal passwords or credit card numbers.
- Anti-Fraud warns you whenever you visit websites that may try to scam you.
- Bitdefender Safe Files helps you prevent unauthorised changes to your most important files.
GadgetGuy’s take. Use a paid security product, please
GadgetGuy has no preference for consumer security providers – be they Norton, McAfee, Trend, Kaspersky, ESET or many more.
We publish most security-related announcements as a service to keep readers aware of the need to use paid security products over free ones. That includes the free Windows Defender that provides basic security on Windows 10 machines.