The Canon Experience Store is now open in Melbourne. Visitors can try and buy a range of Canon devices or get hands-on help. Importantly they can grow their skill and access a range of exciting activities run by the Canon Collective.
The Canon Experience Store (website here) features include:
- Highly experienced Ambassadors with over 50 years’ combined experience and ability to support every visitor with their creative journey
- Canon Collective will host a range of weekly activities for local explorers, including beginners’ guides to photography, photo excursions in and beyond Victoria, and edit-to-print workshops
- Two break-out areas with cycloramas that can be set up for a variety of shoots and practice runs
- Camera Service counter that is open to anyone having issues with their Canon devices, no matter where they came from
- Printing facilities in-store and at the adjoining SUNSTUDIOS, ranging from pocket-sized keepsakes to large-format fine art printing
- Large gallery space onsite within SUNSTUDIOS
- Two versatile studios enabling controlled lighting that operates within SUNSTUDIOS, with attached greenrooms and additional breakout spaces
All equally welcome – beginner, intermediate and professional
Jason McLean, Director of Canon Australia’s Consumer Imaging Division, said, “Canon’s Experience Store project uses extensive research into what Australians want from the brand. According to McLean, the brief for the store was simple and single-minded.”
“Our objective was to create the best consumer experience possible. We had no preconceived ideas and deliberately looked to challenge established ways of thinking that become experience barriers. The result is a space that is welcoming to all, provides unrestricted access to our gear and encourages an exploration of photography, videography and print in a way that’s relevant to you as an individual,” he said.
Chris Siacolas is the newly appointed experience store Manager and Canon employee of 18 years. He believes the time is right to welcome more people to the world of photography and video image-making.
“Photos and videos are at the heart of how we communicate today. But we’ve just scratched the surface in helping people understand what they can achieve. In a typical retail environment, you have very limited ability to trial them. At our Experience Store, you’re able to play, test and explore with guidance from in-store Ambassadors. Their brief is based solely on what you want to achieve.”
“By showing not telling, and inspiring before selling, we aim to encourage many more people to see the world of opportunities that open up with Canon products and services,” he added.
Canon Experience Store details
- Address: 95 Buckhurst Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Website: https://www.canon.com.au/experience-store
- Store Manager: Chris Siacolas
- Store Ambassadors: Gemma Ortlipp, Rob Caldwell
- Phone Number: 1800 CANON X (1800 226 669)
- Email Address: [email protected]