Following the phenomenal success of its digital cinema presentations of Italy’s Greatest Opera series from the Teatro alla Scala, CinemaLive brings the world’s famous ballet company, The Bolshoi in high hefinition, surround sound to cinemas in Australia and New Zealand as part of the ‘World’s Greatest Ballet’ Series.
Moviegoers will be able to enjoy the Bolshoi’s ballet The Pharaoh’s Daughter starring internationally renowned choreographers such as Alexei Ratmansky and Pierre Lacotte, performers such as Svetlana Zakharova, Sergei Filin, Anastasia Yatsenko, and Andrei Merkuriev.
Alexei Ratmansky, director of the Bolshoi Ballet, has created close to 40 ballets and has become today one of the most requested choreographers in the world. The Bolshoi Ballet embodies a school, a style, a savoir-faire and a performing tradition of unrivaled richness, dating back as early as the 18th century. “The Bolshoi is actively touring and his new productions are winning ecstatic reviews.” -International Herald Tribune (New York Times global edition)
Dates and cinemas
Pharaoh’s Daughter is being screened in cinemas during 25-29 July, 2009. Concession tickets are $24.00, General Admission $26.00.
- CMAX Cinemas – Palmerston, NT: 26-29 July
- Hayden Orpheum – Cremorne, NSW: 25-29 July
- Roxy Cinemas – Nowra, NSW: 26-29 July
- Cinema Paradiso – Ettalong, NSW: 26-29 July
- Avoca Beach Picture Theatre – Avoca, NSW: 25-26 July
- Theatre Royal – Castlemaine, VIC: 29-July
- Nova Carlton – Carlton, VIC: 25-29 July
- Regent Cinemas – Ballarat, VIC: 26-29 July
- Sun Theatre – Yarraville, VIC: 25-29 July
- Wallis Cinemas – Mitchem, SA: 25-26 July
- Wallis Cinemas – Picadilly, SA: 25-26 July
- Cinema Augusta – Port Augusta, SA: 28 July
- CMAX Cinemas – Devonport, TAS: 8-9 August