Corel Corporation last week announced Corel Home Office, a new office suite designed specifically to address the needs of consumers and home-based businesses. With its low memory requirements and small footprint, Corel Home Office is also ideally suited for netbooks – portable, mini notebook computers that comprise the fastest growing PC segment.
Corel Home Office includes Corel Write for word processing, Corel Calculate for spreadsheets, and Corel Show for presentations.
- Sleek and simple interface: Easily access the tools and features you use most
- File compatibility and document sharing: With extensive file format support (including Microsoft Office) and the ability to create PDFs in all three applications, it’s easier than ever to communicate and share materials with others.
- Multi language support: Quickly toggle between 13 available languages to work in the language of your choice
- Portability: Delivery on a USB stick makes Corel Home Office easy to install on the go – even on netbooks without an optical (e.g. CD, DVD) drive
- Customisation: Netbook owners can use manual or auto configuration options to easily adjust their settings and maximise screen real estate
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, and Business (32-bit and 64-bit) or Windows XP Home, Media or Professional Edition (with latest Service Pack and critical updates)
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
- 1 GHz processor
- 300 MB hard disk space for full installation of all included applications and languages
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution (768 x 1024 on a tablet PC)
Pricing and availability
Corel Home Office is available now in Australia from Corel Australia’s website or from leading retail IT stores from August 2009 and has an RRP of AUD$99.00. It includes a USB stick with Corel Home Office software preloaded for installation instead of a CD or DVD. For more information, to download a free trial version or to purchase Corel Home Office, please visit the Corel Home Office website (link opens in new window).