Both Optus and Telstra have free COVID-19 offers – upgrades to data – and we presume a raft of MVNOs will be next.
Here are the free data COVID-19 offers (we will update this if we receive notification of more)
Press release details here
- Additional data as businesses and schools across the country transition to working remotely with the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Postpaid mobile customers – a one-off add-on of 20GB of data during April 2020. Eligible Prepaid customers that recharge with $40 or more during April will receive 10GB of extra data. Each offer can is via the My Optus App.
- More information will be available through the My Optus App by Friday 20 March 2020.
- Will provide our consumer and small business broadband customers with unlimited data at no additional charge on their plan until 30 April 2019
- Post-paid customers (both handheld and mobile broadband) receive an extra 25GB of data on their plan to use in Australia within 30 days
- Pre-paid customers with an active recharge of $40+ can get 10GB of additional data to use in Australia within 28-30 days (depending on their plan)
- Eligible pensioners with a Telstra home phone plan will also be able to make unlimited local, national and 13/1300 calls, and calls to Australian mobiles
- Any unused bonus data expires after 30 days – no rollover.
Telstra encourages you to download the 24×7 App to access these offers.
GadgetGuy is covering COVID-19 offers and issues from a tech angle
You can read more articles here.