Kingston Technology Company, Inc.,this week announced it is expanding its line of USB Flash drives with the introduction of the DataTraveler HyperX (DT HyperX) model. Designed for ultra-fast read/write speeds and lower price points, the DT HyperX drive is available in capacities up to 8GB.
“Taking its cue from our HyperX line of industry-setting high-speed memory modules for gamers, enthusiasts and overclockers, the DataTraveler HyperX offers exceptionally fast read and write speeds,” said Vaughan Nankivell Regional Manager – Australia and New Zealand for Kingston Technology.
The DT HyperX has data transfer rates of 30MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write, offering consumers a powerful, portable Flash storage solution. Designed to run on any Windows platform but specifically enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost on VistaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢ based systems, users can expect to quickly and easily transfer photos, videos, music and data to their desktop, notebook or a fellow enthusiast’s system. The new Data Traveler HyperX is backed by a five-year warranty and free technical support.
Features and specifications
- Capacities: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
- Dimensions: 70.0mm x 22.4mm x 11.3 mm
- Speed Rating: data transfer rates of 30MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write
- Enhanced: for Windows ReadyBoost on Vista-based systems
- Compatible operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows XP (SP1 and SP2), Mac OS (10.2x and higher), Linux (2.6 and higher)
- Operating temperature: 32Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº F to 140 Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº F (0 Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº C to 60 Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº C)
- Storage temperature: -4Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº F to 185Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº F (-20Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº C – 85Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº C)
- Easy: plug and play
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty
The 2GB model has an RRP of $86, the 4GB is $156, and the 8GB is $309.
Source: Kingston Technology