Dell brings OLED and 240Hz displays to 15” notebooks
Dell was the first to offer OLED on a 13” gaming notebook and used that success to drive 15” panels into its premium devices.
The Dell XPS 15, Alienware m15 and Dell G7 15 will offer OLED with HDR, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut and 100,000:1 Contrast Ratio, starting March 2019. Dell also will offer 240Hz panels on the Alienware m15 notebooks in April.
Availability and Price (US dollars and not all products come to Australia)
- XPS 13 will be available February starting at $899.99
- Latitude 7400 2-in-1 will be available early March, starting at $1,599
- Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 will be available middle of this year
- Cinema with enhanced features will be available on the new XPS 13 and select Inspiron laptops
- Mobile Connect is available for free on all new consumer Windows 10 XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Alienware and Dell G Series devices. It is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
GadgetGuy’s take: Dell is online but should not be out of mind
Dell has traditionally been an enterprise supplier with an excellent online presence for direct sales. Over recent years Dell has sold select consumer models via JB Hi-Fi, Good Guys and selected computer stores.
The strategy is working, and Dell (website here) is as much a mainstream consumer brand. GadgetGuy started seriously reviewing its Inspiron laptop and desktop range last year and was pleasantly surprised at the value and quality. And if you have a few dollars more the XPS range competes squarely with HP Spectre range.
All we are saying is that if you are considering Acer, Asus, Dell, HP and Lenovo add Dell to the list – all are very good and safe options. And don’t forget its Alienware gaming products as well.
All Dell CES 2019 news is here.