The International Digital Entertainment Festival (iDEF) coming to Melbourne, Australia during November 2008 plays host to a series of events and activities supporting and promoting the exciting and innovative world of Digital Entertainment. The festival will include the Digital Lifestyle Show, eGames Expo and Develop, an ICT Symposium and Careers Expo.
Digital Lifestyle Show
Visit the Digital Lifestyle Show to experience the latest in digital entertainment and lifestyle products. Experience the newest products coming to market and gain a greater understanding of how to get the most out of these exciting and innovative products. Channel 7’s Gadget Guy, Peter Blasina, will be on hand to demonstrate all the newest technologies and products.
- Digital music and movies
- Mobile phones and mobile content
- Media centres
- Blu-ray players and recorders
- High Definition (HD) TV, LCDs, plasmas and projectors
- Portable entertainment and media devices
- Internet products and content
- Personal video recorders
- Home theatre systems
The eGames Expo is the biggest interactive event on the Australian calendar featuring all the major players, the latest games and heaps of opportunities to go ‘hands-on’ in the interactive play zones. With live entertainment, demonstrations and competitions on the Intel eGames Stage there will be lots to see, play, buy and win.
- Video and computer games
- Video consoles and accessories
- Computer components and accessories
- Handheld gaming devices
- Career in game development
- Game developers and publishers
- Educational games
Where and when?
The location for the event is the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Southbank, on the following dates:
- Friday 14 November 1 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday 15 November 10 am – 7 pm
- Sunday 16 November 10 am – 5 pm