Garmin Australia has announced the Approach X10, an A$249 golf band that comes pre-loaded with data for over 41,000 courses around the world.
Golfers of all levels can easily see precise distances to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as hazards on the touch-screen display.
“The Approach X10 is a simple and intuitive band perfect for beginners just starting to learn the game, or for avid golfers who want a fundamental golf band used exclusively on the course,” said Adam Howarth, General Manager Garmin Australasia. “Even if you’ve never played the course before, the Approach X10 will give you the tools to swing with confidence.”
With the Approach X10, (US site ) players will know the distance to the front, back and middle of the green. The band will display layups, doglegs and hazards like bunkers and water on over 41,000 pre-loaded courses world-wide, which include free lifetime course updates.
This device will automatically transition holes as users move from one to another. Additionally, it will keep track of stats such as greens in regulation, putts and fairways, and measure shot distance. Thanks to the Approach X10’s Green View display, players will know the layout of the green, and they can easily position the pin on the touch-screen to that day’s location for an accurate shot selection.
New courses and updates are added for free using Garmin Express.
- Strap material: TPU
- Size: Width: 21.5 mm/Small/medium: 132-195 mm,Large: 162-225 mm circumference x 31g
- Water rating: 5 ATM
- Touchscreen Display: LCD, 25.4 x 10.7mm, 160 x 68 pixels
- Battery life Watch: Up to 23 days; GPS mode: Up to 12 hours
- Memory/History: 64 MB
- Clock-Features: Time/date, GPS Time Sync, Sunrise/sunset times
- Sensors: GPS
- Golfing Features
- Distance to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Distance to layups/doglegs
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course)
- Digital Scorecard
- Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit)
- Green View with manual pin position
- Hazards and course targets
- Round timer/odometer