HP Australia today announced the HP Mini 2140 Notebook PC, which features an all-aluminium case for a sleek and lightweight design, with the weight of the computer starting at 1.19 kg.
The HP Mini 2140 underwent the HP Total Test Process, which includes more than 95,000 hours of extensive testing and product validation to ensure its design; materials and components meet the highest standards.
It features a large 10.1-inch diagonal, scratch-resistant HP Illumi-Lite LED display; the user-friendly and popular QWERTY keyboard (92 per cent of full-size) and a touchpad; and a range of hard-drive options, including a 160GB 5400rpm hard drive standard and optional 80GB(2) solid-state drive.
The HP Mini 2140 keeps mobile users ultra-productive by including a small, low-power Intel® Atom processor to enable the unit to run cooler, use less power and ensure the battery lasts longer. It includes a suite of wireless technologies, such as integrated Wi-Fi Certified WLAN(3) and Bluetooth® 2.0, providing a variety of ways to access the Internet for email, Instant Messaging (IM), chat and blogging. An integrated VGA webcam allows for easy still-image capture, as well as web-conferenced or video-enhanced IM, with no additional hardware to buy or carry.
The product is packed with a combination of additional features to boost productivity and improve the overall mobile experience, including:
- HP DuraKeys, a clear coating applied over the notebook keyboard that protects the finish, printed letters and characters. HP DuraKeys offer 50 times more resistance to visible wear than keyboards without it.
- HP 3D DriveGuard, featuring a three-axis digital accelerometer chip that sends a signal to shut down the hard drive upon sudden movement or shock.
- HP Panel Protection System, with a scratch-resistant acrylic LCD cover and magnesium hinge bracket for added durability in demanding environments.
- The integrated VGA webcam enables video and still-image capture to allow the addition of photos and video clips to presentations, documents and email.
- Two battery solutions – three-cell for lightest-weight configurations or six-cell lithium-ion battery for longer life.
Also available are new accessories designed for the HP Mini 2140, including an HP USB Docking Station, USB-powered HP Mobile Audio Speakers and an HP USB optical disk drive that can read and write CD and DVD formats.
Pricing and availability
The HP Mini 2140 starts from $799 and is available now.