HTC U11 life – I’m your best squeeze
HTC has released the HTC U11 life – and it carries the companies squeeze ‘edge sense’ into a mid-range phone at A$599.
All the action is in the mid-range where amazing technology is flowing down from flagship models offering incredible bargains from OPPO R11s, Moto X4, Nokia 7, Samsung Galaxy A5, Sony Xperia A1 and others.
This mid-range offers a lot for the money
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor eight core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- 4/64GB and micro-SDXC to 2TB
- 2”, 1920 x 1080m, 16:9, LCD screen and Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear camera: 16MP, f/2.0, PADF, HDR camera with 4K recording
- Front camera:16MP, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p recording
- 2,600mAh battery and USB-C 10W charging – 35% in 30 minutes
- IP67 rating
- Cat 11 LTE 600/75Mb/s. 4G bands B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B12/B17/B13/B28/B20/B66 with 2/3CA, VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling
- Wi-Fi AC dual band, Bluetooth 5, NFC
- HTC USonic Hi-res sound – no 3.5mm combo jack but 3.5mm USB-C DAC and USonic earbuds supplied
- Fingerprint sensor
- Brilliant Black only
- Android Oreo Pure updated by Google
- HTC edge squeeze for quick launch of selected apps
- Missing: 3.5mm jack, FM radio, Qi charge, stereo speakers, not 18:9 screen
GadgetGuy’s take – HTC U11 Life
Pure Android, snappy performance, HTC quality, good battery life, good single lens camera – what is not to like.
If you stepped back even just six months, you could have added $200 to the price, and it still would have been a bargain.
Availability & Pricing
Available in Brilliant Black starting 14th March in Australia.
The HTC U11 life will be available on post-paid plans exclusively from Vodafone, and for outright purchase at http://www.htc.com/au/smartphones/htc-u11-life/