The iFixit Apple iPhone 12 and MagSafe teardown has started and will be a work in progress until they receive the Pro Max and Mini.
iFixit says it is a complete revamp of the standard iPhone internals that was getting so boring – rinse and repeat. Let’s see how many years Tim Cook can wring out of the iPhone 12 design.
The iFixit Apple iPhone 12 teardown is here. It includes the MagSafe charger as well.
Not to take away from iFixit’s stellar teardowns but you may be interested in Kaputt.de (Germany) teardowns as well
iPhone 12 Pro:
GadgetGuy’s Apple iPhone 12 launch details are here
The iPhone 12 series with a dual camera starts with the entry-level 5.4″ mini from $1199 and the standard 6.1″ from $1349. The only options are 64/128/256GB.
The iPhone 12 Pro series with a tri-camera starts at $1699 for the 6.1″ and $1849 for the 6.7″ Max. Memory options are 128/256/512Gb.
Perhaps the biggest change is the move to MagSafe Qi wireless charging, and a new Ceramic Shield front toughened glass. Let’s look at the features common to them all
- Apple A14 Bionic SoC with Qualcomm 5G technology
- IP68 Water-resistant
- Super Retina XDR (eXtended Dynamic Range) OLED
- 5.4” Mini – 2340 x 1080, 467ppi, 625/1200 nits typical/max
- 6.1” 12 – 2352 x 1170, 460ppi, same nits as above
- 6.1” 12 Pro – 2352 x 1170, 460ppi, 800/1200 nits typical max
- 6.7″ 12 Pro Max – 2778 x1284, 458ppi, same nits as above
- Supports HDR with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG and Dolby Atmos decoding
- The Australian model has 5G Sub-6Ghz n78 enabled (not mmWave)
- Wi-Fi 6 AX, BT 5.0, NFC, Ultra-Wide Band chip, GPS
- Nano-SIM and eSIM
- Siri, Face ID, FaceTime Video, FaceTime audio, VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling
- MagSafe and Qi charge for between 15/17/17/20 hours video playback
- MagSafe requires approved accessories like cases, wallets etc
- Optional 20W USB-C to Lighting fast charger – 50% in 30 minutes
- Frame mini/12 aluminium and Pro/Max stainless steel
- Weight 133/162/187/226g
- iOS 14
- 12-series in White, Black, Blue, Green, Red and Pro series in Pacific Blue, Gold, Silver and Graphite
The main differences are in the camera, ram and storage.