With huge capacities and the ability to feed sound to several rooms at once, hard drive music jukeboxes have replaced the CD changer as the heart of multi-room audio distribution setups. One of the first products in this area, Imerge Soundservers copy entire CD libraries to hard disk in compressed and uncompressed formats, with an internet link to the Gracenote database providing automatic downloads of album information and cover art.
With new Xiva software, the fourth generation Soundserver (S3000) can now import and export music, import cover art, share an iPod playlist, and stream music from any Flash-enabled web browser, Mac or Windows PC. With multiple S3000 Soundservers, itts now possible to feed 16 independent areas with music and, with improved search options, collections can now be browsed by cover art, genre, music era, year of release, keywords and individual tracks. In addition, online software upgrades allow the S3000 to access new features as they become available.
New features summary:
- Easy to use web-based browser interface allows viewing and adding cover art and meta data on any flash-enabled web browser
- Access to music library from a PC or MAC running Windows Media Player or iTunes
- Transfer music files to/from PC or MAC without additional software
- Direct back-up facility
- Browsing and searching for tracks by year of release and era
- User defined genres
- Supports WMA, MP3 and uncompressed WAV formats
- Add albums to multiple genres
- UPnP compatibility for support of Nevo SL controllers and selected UPnP 3rd party streaming devices
- Enhanced play list management allowing whole album or artist import and track indexing as well as many new and improved play list features
- Online software upgrades allow access to new features as they become available
- Daisy chaining of up to 4 S3000 for up to 16 individual audio outputs in a master/slave configuration
- Wide choice of selectable TV interface colour schemes