● 16th September 2019 – finalists contacted (except Youth)
● 5th September 2019 – shortlisted Youth applicants contacted
● 9th September 2019 – two Youth finalists contacted
● 25th September 2019 – Sydney photography challenge for Youth finalists
● 26th September 2019 – winners announced
● Grand Prize: $10,000 of Sony digital imaging gear (Youth category ineligible)
● Category Prize Winners: $2,000 of Sony digital imaging gear per category
● Youth Award: $2,000 of Sony digital imaging gear
OPPO shows off under glass selfie camera
OPPO is the first to demonstrate an under-screen camera (USC) selfie that can get rid of unsightly notches or O-holes.
By integrating the front camera and the screen, USC provides users with a complete view, an immersive screen and an integrated body. It also enables users to see and capture the entire screen, take photos, use face unlock and make video calls.
USC features a customised camera module that captures more light; zoning control on the screen, together with “highly-transparent” material that enhances transmittance of light through the screen.
Through OPPO’s customised algorithm, haze removal algorithm and white balance algorithm, USC can enable a complete photography experience and support features like smart beauty mode and photo filters.
“As smartphones offer more functionalities than ever before, consumers have a higher demand for technologies that provide enhanced user experience,” said Michael Tran, Managing Director of OPPO Australia.
OPTUS craptus over NBN disconnection claims
The ACCC has instituted proceedings in the Federal Court against Optus Internet Pty Limited and Optus Mobile Pty Limited (Optus), alleging Optus misled consumers about the need to move to the NBN or risk