Jura S8 redefines home coffee
Jura has released its S8 – a premium, mid-range machine that has most of its top end technology in a more compact benchtop device.
Jura is a Swiss company – precision and reliability are in its DNA. Its aim is simple – the best coffee result from an automatic speciality machine. That ‘best’ also refers to the simplicity of use and operation, not just taste.
Jura makes a range of machines from automatic commercial models Giga range from $5,490 to $8,330) to its domestic range (ENA from $1,299 to Z8 at $4,990).
George Liakatos, Managing Director of JURA Australia says, “The S8 combines the best of the compact class with elegant elements of the premium segment, including a hint of the GIGA. The S8 has an impressive range of specialties that produce a stunning result in a cup. to satisfy even the most demanding coffee connoisseurs.”
The Jura S8 automatic coffee machine sits in the middle at $2,650 and has:
- Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) for water/coffee/bean extraction
- 15 different coffee types programmed
- 3” colour touchscreen combining images, animations and text to allow for the creation of the perfect coffee
- Professional fine foam frother as well as well as milk to foam variations
- Grinder bypass for instant coffee, g. decaf
- Different water temperature for green tea and black tea
- Jura Coffee app for iOS and Android (phone or tablet) Bluetooth Smart Connect (A$99 option) for highly customised coffee making
- 280g bean container
- Filtered water to reduce scale and cleaning
- 15 bar Thermoblock heating
- 9L water tank
- .6l Cool Control 4° temperature solid state milk fridge $169
- Wireless upgrade Cool Control to monitor milk level $159
- Glass milk container $39.90
- Cup warmer cabinet $390
- Milk system cleaner $29.90
- Milk system cleaner fluid $12.99
- Replacement CLARIS smart filters (every 200 cups) $20
- Cleaning/descaling tablets $14.99/24.99
The consensus from media present at the launch was that the coffee was as good as a bought one – – no more barista’s needed. The answer is simple – a $2560 machine that removes the human element!
Jura has a good share of the prestige market – as evidenced by both the quality and the price.
I suspect this is the right machine for the coffee lover that has tried cheaper domestic and capsule machines without getting the coffee result they expected. This uses real beans – any beans you like – and real milk in a system that is acknowledged as one of the best in automatic coffee machines. The touch screen simplifies use enormously.
It is available from major retailers and online.