Kingston Technology Company, Inc. today announced the launch of the world’s first 256GB USB flash drive, the Kingston Technology DataTraveler 300. The Kingston DataTraveler 300 allows users to carry around a whole digital world, from thousands of image files to a whole database of documents. Users will also benefit from quick transfer rates and the option to password protects their data.
The Kingston DataTraveler 300 is ideal for netbook users who want to extend the limited capacity of their machines; it can also be used by business consumers who work with large databases, or even designers who need to transfer large design files from one place to another.
The Kingston DataTraveler 300 features a sleek cap-less design that will protect the USB connector when it is not in use and is enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost. The Kingston DataTraveler 300 is available only in 256GB and is backed by a five-year warranty and free Tech Support.
- Capacity- 256 GB
- Speed – Data transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec. read and 10 MB/sec. write
- Safeguarded – Includes Password Traveler security software for Windows
- Convenient – Does not require Administrator rights to access the Privacy Zone
- Dimensions – 2.78″ x 0.67″ x 0.87″ (70.68 mm x 16.90 mm x 21.99 mm)
- Operating temperature – 0 to 60 degrees C
- Storage temperature – -4° to 185° F (-20 to 85 degrees C
- Durable, capless design
- Guaranteed — Five-year warranty
- Enhanced — For Windows ReadyBoost on Vista-based systems