Kingston Digital today announced it is releasing a 16GB microSDHC Flash memory card for use in mobile phones. The larger capacity card offers greater storage options for the latest mobile phones and other digital devices and joins the microSDHC card family which includes the 4- and 8GB products.
Kingston 16GB microSDHC cards can store more than 3,000 digital songs*, over 8,000 images from a 5MP cameraphone**, or up to 16 hours of video***, offering the most convenient means to store, move and play digital content via a handset’s storage slot.
Newer handset models from manufacturers such as LG, Motorola, Nokia, RIM and Sony Ericsson support 16GB external storage.
The Kingston 16GB microSDHC card (Kingston part #: SDC2/16GB) has a suggested price of $90.00 (MSRP U.S.). Although the microSDHC card format is identical in physical size to the original microSD card, microSDHC is compatible with microSDHC host devices and not backward compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices or readers.
- Compliant: with the SD Specification Version 2.00
- Versatile: when combined with the adapter, can be used as full-size SDHC card
- Compatible: with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers only
- File format: FAT 32
- Reliable: lifetime warranty
- Capacity†: 16GB
- Dimensions: 0.43″ x 0.59″ x 0.039″ ( 11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
- High-Speed Class Rating: Class 2: 2MB/sec. minimum sustained data transfer rate
- Operating temperature: -25 degrees C to 85 degrees C
- Storage temperature: -40 degrees C to 85 degrees C
- Weight: 1.4g