For busy consumers and small business operators who require the robust functionality of an all-in-one printer to maximize their productivity at home, the new Lexmark X4550 is the most affordable three-in-one printer in the inkjet market with built-in wireless capability. At $199.00, the X4550 allows users to work seamlessly from any location in their home or office, delivering professional quality text and photo printing.
The popularity of wireless networks and multiple computers in Australian homes means that it is now possible to share a broadband internet connection around the house. This also now means that it makes sense for printers to get in on the wireless connectivity act. Let?s face it, at some point everyone in the home wants to print stuff but the printer is typically tied via a cable to a single PC.
In the past, the only way to share a printer with multiple PCs was via a complex piece of equipment known as a Print Server.
With the X4550 Lexmark cuts the cable and eliminates the print server with a wireless printer that not only costs little more than a conventional wired printer but are incredibly simple to connect to a home (or office) wireless network.
The X4550 prints at speeds up to 26 pages per minute (ppm) black and 18 ppm colour. In addition to fast print speeds and affordability, the Lexmark X4550 offers a broad range of functions for productivity-minded professionals, including photo functionality, copying and scanning.
- Prints frame-worthy borderless photos with or without a computer from digital memory card slots, USB flash drives or PictBridge compatible digital cameras.
- Features a compact design for convenient placement in a small office or home office.
- Offers a standalone one-touch colour copier that delivers copies at speeds up to 17 ppm black and 11 ppm colour.
- Features a 48-bit flatbed color scanner to easily scan documents or photos.
- Includes Lexmark?s exclusive Web Toolbar that makes it quick and easy for users to print what they need from the web.
- Compatible with a PC or Mac.
- Share the Lexmark X4550 wirelessly among multiple computers or with USB cable
- Superior quality printing up to 4800×1200 dpi print resolution
- PrecisionSense technology detects type of paper being used to determine print resolution automatically
- 1-touch PC-free copying (colour or black) with reduction / enlargement capacity from 25%-400%
- Borderless copying in popular photo sizes
Click the graphic below to learn the ins and outs of buying a printer to use for printing your photographs.