NEC Australia has unveiled a new line of commercial-grade, large-screen LCD displays. The new 20 Series includes the 40-inch MultiSync LCD4020 and 46-inch LCD4620 screen sizes, which feature new levels of flexibility and expandability.
The new ultra-thin bezels, as much as 5 times thinner than the current large-screen series, make these new monitors perfect for tile matrix or video-wall applications. The thin frame design reduces image interruption, creating a tighter, more versatile display solution.
A key upgrade in the 20 Series is NEC?s new CV12 pixel technology. These chevron-shaped pixels, an industry first in a large-format display, deliver twice the contrast of traditional PVA panels, while also dramatically increasing brightness and viewing angles. These features produce a cleaner, brighter image while minimising off-angle colour shift.
This new large-screen LCD series, built on the award-winning legacy of NEC?s commercial grade-LCD and Plasma displays, feature a 1366 x 768 resolution with a 1200:1 contrast ratio, 10-millisecond response time, and Ambix+? Technology, which supports both digital and analog inputs.
NEC?s exclusive Digital Signage Technology Suite (DSTS), which includes more than 20 features and functions developed specifically for digital signage, is incorporated into the Series. When used in digital signage applications, these features create a lower cost of ownership by eliminating the need for additional and sometimes expensive 3rd party components.
The NEC MultiSync 20 Series models also include an expansion slot for an optional HDTV tuner or future technology components. This future-proofing flexibility allows the display to adapt to emerging technologies, such as IPTV, or for the insertion of small form factor PCs, media players or additional input configurations.
Additional key features of the NEC MultiSync 20 Series displays include:
- Increased brightness and contrast, creating improved visibility in high-ambient light environments, enhanced image quality and improved color uniformity
- Improved energy efficiency, reducing overall operating costs
- Kennsington Lock and input cover of added security
- Lower internal heat levels, delivering longer product life
- Integrated internal real-time clock for full-function operation scheduling
- Enhanced AccuColor 6-way colour control for improved colour matching
- Improved CableComp ? long cable compensation, lower installation costs, greater location flexibility
- Daisy Chain Control, which allows for single or multiple monitor control
- Metal back cabinet for extra durability
- 1 year warranty with optional extended warranty up to 3 years
Price and availability
The MultiSync LCD4020 (RRP $5,059 inc. GST) and LCD4620 (RRP $8,439 inc. GST) displays are available immediately. These displays are RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully disposable plastics and minimal amounts of hazardous materials, such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
Source: NEC Australia