Building off the success of 21 years of the award-winning MultiSync brand of commercial LCD monitor products, NEC, today, introduced the new MultiSync GX2 series a lineup of monitors specified for both commercial and high end consumer motion video and graphic intensive applications. A powerful follow up to the critically-acclaimed GX monitors in the US, these new displays promise to raise the standard for the computing experience in the home and office.
With NECCs patented OptiClear DVM screens, the NEC MultiSync 70GX2, the 90GX2 and the multi-function 20WGX2 displays produce images with sharp colour and vivid clarity, and, with Rapid Response times of just 4 milliseconds (6 milliseconds for the 20WGX2), these monitors deliver video, graphic and gaming images with smooth, crystal-clear quality.
While the new 17-inch NEC MultiSync 70GX2 and 19-inch 90GX2 enhance the front-of-screen experience, the 20WGX2 redefines it. With a contrast ratio of 1600:1 in a wide-aspect format, the 20WGX2 is primed to become the premier vehicle to enjoy wide-format applications.
>The GX2 series is sure to be a hit with gamers, home theatre enthusiasts and graphic and CAD designers alikee stated Daniel Hancox, National Channel Manager of NECCs Visual Display division. With the real-time adaptive image-enhancement and high fidelity motion video performance features, we feel the GX2 will truly satisfy the discriminating demands of each of these markets, for both commercial and consumer applications..
The NEC MultiSync GX2 Series displays also feature a popular integrated four-port USB 2.0 powered hub that allow users to easily connect to video cameras, high speed gaming peripherals, storage devices, digital cameras, PDAs, keyboards, mice and more. Controls for the GX2 Series monitors are designed to be easy-to-read and use. The On-Screen Manager (OSM) design provides clear and easy to understand menus, while the joystick-like NaViKey OSM control allows for intuitive navigation and effortless set up and image optimization.
The GX2 series come with all of the outstanding features you would expect to find in an NEC MultiSync monitor, including DVM (Dynamic Video Mode) for the 70GX2 and 90GX2 and A-DVM (Advanced Dynamic Video Mode) for the 20WGX2 as well as a stylish, thin-frame design with tilt and swivel. Because the 20WGX2 display boasts widescreen aspect ratio, it has a host of additional features such as S-Video, composite and component video, DVI-D and RGB inputs, a remote and Picture-in-Picture display.
Other GX2 Series features include:
- OptiClear DVM screen technology for razor sharp images in text, photo, and motion video applications
- High speed 4ms Rapid Response rate (6ms for the 20WGX2) virtually eliminates distracting ghosting in movie playback and high-speed gaming
- 400cd/m2 super brightness for vivid on-screen performance
- 700:1 contrast ratio (1600:1 for the 20WGX2) for crisp and clear image detail
- 4 port powered USB 2.0 hub for quick connection to a wide range of peripherals and storage devices
- XtraView technology provides for some of the widest viewing angles available
- Ambix dual-input technology: DVI-D digital input for connection to the latest high performance video cards and 15-pin D-SUB analog input for compatibility with traditional PCs.
- Integrated cable management system to reduce distracting clutter
- No Touch Auto Adjust reduces setup time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power-on
- Three-year limited parts and labor warranty
The new NEC GX LCD Series products are RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully-disposable plastics and free of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
Pricing, service and availability
The 70GX2 and 90GX2 are available now through NEC authorised monitor resellers mid April 2006. The 20WGX2 availability is to be determined. They carry an RRP of:
- $799 for the 17-inch NEC 70GX2
- $1,015 for the 19-inch NEC 90GX2
- $1,479 for the 20-inch NEC 20WGX2
Source: NEC Australia