The Coolpix S1000pj is the first compact digital camera in the world to feature a built-in projector. With a simple touch of a button, the camera projects photos or movies clips on any flat surface at up to 40 inches in size. Pictures can be projected individually, or as slide shows complete with music and added effects that enhance the experience. This capability to project still images or movie clips gives birth to an entirely new form of communication as all can visually share special moments together.
The Coolpix S1000pj can be used to not only capture great photos but also serve as a personal theatre without the need for a computer, TV or external projector. Whenever and just about wherever friends gather, the Coolpix S1000pj’s projector can add whole new life to the party by displaying nostalgic pictures or freshly shot images for all to enjoy. Parents can even use the Coolpix S1000pj to display photos of their own artworks or other images on the ceiling to complement bedtime stories they tell their children.
A handy projector stand is included, as is a remote control that can be used to operate the projector, release the shutter, and more.
Also featured are the precision optics of a 5x zoom NIKKOR lens that provides the compositional freedom of 28mm wide-angle coverage and macro shooting ability from as close as 3 cm (1.2 in.). This combines with the image quality and performance benefits of Nikon’s innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept to help ensure consistently beautiful results produced at the high resolution of 12.1 effective megapixels.
- 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD monitor with anti-reflection coated cover
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Active Zoom
- Auto Sort and Favorite Pictures functions
- Four movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 36 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
- Effective pixels: 12.1 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.39 million
- Lens: 5x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-25.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-140mm); f/3.9-5.8; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 560mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 30cm (1 ft.) to infinity (∞), Macro mode: 3cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Monitor: 2.7-inch approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 36 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards (Not compatible with Multi Media Cards)
- Image size (pixels): 4000 x 3000 (High: 4000 /Normal: 4000), 3264 x 2448 (Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3968 x 2232 (16:9: 3968)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Combination lens-shift and electronic VR
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), Fixed range auto (ISO 80-200, 80-400). Note ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62F (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 220 shots with EN-EL12 battery
- Dimensions: Approx. 99.5 x 62.5 x 23 mm (W x H x D) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 155 g (5.5 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Battery Charger MH-65, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP19, Projector Stand ET-2, Remote Control ML-L4, Software Suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: AC adapter EH-62F
- Projector: Brightness: up to 10 lumens; Image size : 5 to 40 in.; Throw distance : approx. 26cm to 2m (10 in. to 6 ft.
6 in.); Endurance (battery life) : approx. 1 hour ; Resolution (output) : VGA equivalent
- System Requirements: Macintosh: Mac OS X version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.6, 10.5.7; Windows: Pre-installed versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (32-bit Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate editions), Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Home Edition/Professional). Note CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.
Price and availability
The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj will be available in mid-September, in Black only. The RRP for the camera is $699.