The Nikon Coolpix S70 digital camera introduces Nikon’s newly developed 3.5-inch Clear Colour OLED display with refined touch control that offers a new level of intuitive fingertip shooting control and a variety of exciting playback options. OLED technology delivers the immediately recognisable benefits of vivid colour reproduction, sharp contrast, and absence of afterimages. Nikon combines this with our own innovative Clear Colour Display technology, making the large 3.5-inch OLED stunning. In addition, highly responsive new capacitive touch screen technology adds the benefit of sure and immediate response with the lightest touch of the display’s glass surface.
Advanced new shooting features that leverage the easy fingertip control include Touch Shutter, which, at a single touch, releases the shutter after focus and exposure are locked on the subject. In addition, new on-screen sliders provide touch control over brightness (exposure) and Scene Effect Adjustment.
Touch control also makes viewing and retouching images more efficient. The speed and ease of fingertip scrolling through images is matched only by the fun of using a pinching motion with two fingers to zoom in or out on displayed images, switch between thumbnail and full screen views, and so on.
High-performance imaging capabilities include 12.1 effective megapixels of sharp resolution matched to the compositional freedom of a precision 5x zoom NIKKOR lens that ably covers focal lengths from 28-140mm (35mm format equivalent). Advanced digital image-processing faithfully reproduces fine details and subtle tones, delivers quick response, and maintains image quality and clarity when taking advantage of extended light sensitivity settings as high as ISO 6400.
- Selection of three different stylish HOME screen displays
- Macro shooting from as close as 3 cm
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Active Zoom
- Versatile file sorting functions
- Four movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 20 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity with USB charging via charging AC adapter EH-68P/EH-68-P (AR) or PC
- Effective pixels: 12.1 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.39 million
- Lens: 5x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-25.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-140mm); f/3.9-5.8; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 560mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 30cm (1 ft.) to infinity (∞), Macro mode: 3cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Monitor: 3.5-in., approx. 288k-dot, wide-viewing angle OLED monitor with touch screen control and anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 20 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards (not compatible with Multi Media Cards)
- Image size (pixels): 4000 x 3000 (High: 4000 /Normal: 4000), 3264 x 2448 (Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3968 x 2232 (16:9: 3968)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Combination lens-shift and electronic VR
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), Fixed range auto (ISO 80-200, 3 80-400). Note ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), charging AC adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) (supplied), AC adapter EH-62F (optional), battery charger MH-65 (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 200 shots with EN-EL12 battery
- Dimensions: Approx. 96.5 x 60.5 x 20 mm (W x H x D) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 140 g without battery and SD memory card
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL12, charging AC adapter EH-68P, USB cable UC-E6, audio/video cable EG-CP14, strap AN-CP19, software suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: AC Adapter EH-62F, Battery Charger MH-65System Requirements: Macintosh: Mac OS X version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.6, 10.5.7; Windows: Pre-installed versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (32-bit Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate editions), Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Home Edition/Professional). Note CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.
Price and availability
The Coolpix S70 will be available in mid-September in a choice of Champagne, Red and Black colours. The RRP for the camera will be $599.