By Scott Fitzgerald
Feel the need to dazzle, and possible blind, people when you rip out your mobile phone? Then Nokia have something for you! The Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold was released this week, an arresting sight with its 18-carat gold plating and sapphire-coated, scratch-resistant glass display.
Features of the phone include:
- 262,144 colours TFT display protected by scratch-resistant sapphire coated glass
- Integrated 2 megapixel camera
- 128 MB internal memory
- Crystalline designer ring tones composed by renowned composer and ambient music innovator, Brian Eno
- Integrated 2 megapixel camera that captures images in a maximum 1600 x 1200 pixels
- 3D image engine for enhanced graphics
- Video record and streaming
- Ring tones: supports MP3, AAC, 64-chord/voice polyphonic tones
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate
- Remote over-the-air (OTA) device-to-device synchronisation with SyncML
- Local synchronisation with PC using PC Suite
The Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold is available now from selected mobile phone retailers who will order this limited edition product for their customers. The recommended retail price is AUD $2,049.