A notch, phone included for $379. That’s crazy. Enter the new OPPO AX5, a 6.2”, big battery, dual camera smartphone with 4/64GB. It is a winner.
The AX5 brings many of the design features of the $779 mid-tier R15 Pro to the mass market segment. In certain areas lie battery size it exceeds that. In fact, in some markets, it is called an R15 Neo!
Following the OPPO signature, it comes in fashionable Diamond Blue or Diamond Pink with individual cut-glass sections that reflect in the light.
An 88.8% screen-to-body ratio makes it tall and slim – 156.2 x 75.6 x 8.2mm x 168g.
Michael Tran, Managing Director at OPPO Australia.
“Our A-Series continues to be extremely popular within Australia. We’ve continued to evolve and innovate key elements of the device, such as the camera and the screen, so we expect the AX5 to be a major hit locally.”
“We see a huge demand for affordable smartphones with flagship features. The AX5 is just that – no need to compromise on quality or design. It’s that approach which has earned us Canstar’s Most Satisfied Customer award for 2018 and the AX5 builds on that promise further. We cannot wait for customers to get their hands on and experience this latest device.”
Specifications: OPPO AX5 model CPH1851
- Screen: 6.2”, 1520 x 720, HD+, 271ppi, 360 nits, IPS notched screen
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 eight-core 1.8GHz
- RAM/STORAGE: 4/64GB/microSD to 256GB
- Rear cameras: 13MP f/2.2, FOV 81.3° plus 2MP f/2.4, [email protected], LED flash, HDR
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.2
- Wi-Fi N, Bluetooth 4.2, OTG, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack
- 4230mAh battery, Micro-USB 5V/2A charging
- Android 8.1 and ColorOS 5.1
- Face unlock
- Screen protector and soft bumper case included
- Global Website here
- Missing: IP rating, fingerprint scanner, NFC, wired buds
Price and Availability
- 10th September: JB HiFi, The Good Guys (Blue only), TeleChoice (Blue only), Officeworks (Blue only), RetraVision
- 17th September: Woolworths, MobileCiti
- Carrier details TBA