When you think of fridges, Panasonic is not always top of mind. But like everything Panasonic, there is a lot of tech going on behind those rather attractive newly styled doors. Have a look at its 2020 Panasonic 551 litre French Door fridges.
There are two 2020 Panasonic 551 litre French Door fridge litre models – a sexy black flat glass NR-CY55CGKAU at $2299 and a brushed steel NR-CY55CPSAU at $2199 (who invents these names). OK, the black glass will be a fingerprint magnet!
First, one thing that shows great thought – 551 litres in an ultra-small 770 (W) x 743 (D) x 1714mm (H) cabinet size. Most other brands are 50-100mm wider and taller. This means that if you have a slightly smaller fridge cavity, this may just fit (or any other Panasonic model).
And French doors save a little energy by effectively giving you one of three doors to open.
Specs – Panasonic 551 litre French Door fridges
- Gross capacity: 551L – Fridge 394L and Freezer 157L
- Usable volume Fridge 356L, Freezer 138L and vegetable compartment 46.5L
- Glass trays
- Twist ice tray (no cold water or ice maker)
- 770 x 743 x 1714 mm x 89kg (carton weight 100kg)
- 3.5 energy stars 405KWh/Year
- Prime Fresh+ meat draw at -3° (three settings)
- FreshSafe F&V 90% humidity and airtight design
- Blue Ag and Ag Clean (Ag=silver for its anti-bacterial and deodorant properties)
- ECONAVI Intelligent sensors control temperature resulting in up to 10% less energy
- Inverter for low energy use and high efficiency resulting in up to 40% less energy
- Website here
GadgetGuy’s take – Panasonic 551 litre French Door fridges are worth a second look
My only issue is that they don’t have any models with plumbed in cold water and icemakers – so if you don’t care about that then consider this well made, well-designed brand.
If you need ice/water look at LGs new French door range here.
We mentioned that this occupies a lot less space than similar capacity fridges. The measurements, of course, exclude air gaps as you can see. The unit can be built-in flush as the doors are cantilever hinged.