The Philips QHD Momentum 32 inch curved HDR400 certified monitor sets new standards for resolution, colour and affordability. While its aimed at the gaming market it will find
At $649 it is one of the more affordable 1800R curved, 21:9 format, 2560 x 1440 monitors offering AMD Freesync 2, from 48-144Hz native refresh rate and 4ms grey-to-grey.
It uses an MVA (multi-domain vertical alignment), W-LED (White plus RGB LEDs) and is brighter than most at 400 nits (hence it is VESA HDR400 certified) with a 3000:1 contrast ratio. Colour-wise it is 121% sRGB and 90.9% DCI-P3 (movies).
The gamer appeal is via its Ambiglow LED technology ‘intensifies entertainment with a halo of light, enlarging the screen and adding a new dimension to viewing experience’. It analyses the incoming image content and adapts the colour and brightness to match the image. It is user adjustable – I prefer it off!
The monitor is excellent for dual screen use with thin side and top bezels. A 1800R curve allows you to sit closer to the screens.
- Screen: MVA, W-LED, 2560 x 1440, 93PPI, 21:9 ratio, 8-bit colour, flicker-free screen (Samsung sourced anti-glare matte finish)
- Ports: 1 x HDMI 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, VGA D-sub, Audio in and headphone out
- Speakers: 2 x 5W
- Size with stand: 713 x 606 x 286mm x 7.87kg at maximum height or 100 x 100mm VESA wall mount
- Tilt: 25°
- Life: 50,000 power on hours (6 years of continuous 24/7 use)
- Game: SmartImage Game analyses game needs, HDR400 and AMD Freesync 2 and LowBlue mode
- Australian website here
- Price: $649 but PC Case Gear has a special at $599 (plus freight if applicable) – grab it
GadgetGuy’s take. Philips QHD Momentum 32 inch curved HDR400 certified monitor
It is not an eSports monitor although it offers a lot to the casual gamer with a decent Radeon GPU. At the price buy two! The QHD resolution means finer, blacker text and that is important for office users.
Philips ise really doing some interesting stuff. The brand is in a resurgence, and VESA HDR400 certification is a distinct advantage over other brands.