The latest PC action game, Plants vs. Zombies, is now available in Australia online exclusively from BigPond Games.
Developed by PopCap Games, Plants vs. Zombies pits you against legions of invading zombies bent on overwhelming your lawn and making their way to your front door. To defeat the hordes of living dead trespassing on your lawn, you must ‘pay’ in sunshine to purchase and plant a wide range of lovable mutant flowers, vines, trees and other foliage that each have zombie-combating powers and abilities.
George Fan, Senior Game Designer at PopCap Games said, “PopCap loves zombie games as much as everyone else, but unlike other undead offerings we wanted to create a zombie game that would appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers alike. It’s been great to see both types of player in our beta test group get totally absorbed in the game, clicking intensely as the zombies chomp on their front yards.”
Features of Plants vs. Zombies include:
- 5 different modes of play: Adventure, Survival, Puzzle, Zen Garden and Mini-Game Challenges
- 50 levels in the main Adventure mode and more than 50 more in the other game modes, with limitless replayability
- More than four dozen plants, from cherry bombs and peashooters to melon-pults, wall-nuts and sunflowers
- Dozens of different zombie types, including back-from-the-dead miners, businessmen, football players, even a zombie bobsled team!
- Suburban almanac tracks your progress and provides vital stats on plant and zombie types
- Crazy Dave’s trunk-o’-the-car shop where you can purchase special “power plants” and other zombie-exterminating tools as well as potted versions for your Zen Garden
- New fluid animation technology for prettier plants and zippier zombies
- 14 original musical pieces that dynamically adjust to the intensity of the game in real time
Price and availability
Plants vs. Zombies can be purchased for $26.99 from the BigPond Games site. BigPond has exclusive Australian online retail distribution of the game for a few months.