Leather has natural water resistance, and Code Republic recommends using a leather wax/conditioner or waterproofer on the bag.
Being a tan colour means it may pick up black marks – a leather cleaner will remove these.
Style is a very personal thing. Some of us can get away with large tan bags; some may need a grey or black bag like the Lisa, Sonya or Nicole series etc. No matter which you chose you get all the features of the Danielle.
And a nice bit of patriotism
Code-Republic was created by Anthea Rowan – a Sydney lass that worked in the tech industry always carrying a laptop and more.
It is easy to see that this is a bag made by a businesswoman for a businesswoman and it meets my needs as a conference and event manager running multiple complex national events. Before this at best you could get a slightly elegant backpack!
While I didn’t write this, it sums up Code-Republic
Code Republic is passionate about pushing fashion boundaries with its handbag line. Designed specifically to address the needs of today’s boss lady, who needs to transition from work to play with effortless style, the collection integrates daily practicalities with a directional sense of style, presenting a varied edit of vibrant hues, luxe finishes and classic pieces across the handbag collection.
Price and availability
All varieties are A$349 and appears to be exclusive to Harvey Norman and Domayne stores.
- Overall: 4.6 out of 5
- Features: 4 out of 5 – give me a matching shoulder strap, please
- Value for Money: 4 out of 5 – exclusive to Harvey Norman means no retail sales therapy
- Performance: 5 out of 5 – very well made – a keeper
- Ease of Use: 5 out of 5 – it’s a bit like the Tardis when you start loading stuff in
- Design: 5 out of 5 – business elegant and good from morning to night