The new Lenovo Yoga 920 (14) bends backwards via a unique 360° ‘watchband’ hinge giving flexibility. Match that with a range of options including an FHD or 4K touchscreen, 8th generation Intel Core i5 or i7, memory storage and fingerprint reader. It is a complete package.
The Lenovo Yoga 920 (14) represents all that is right in the world of ultra-light, ultra-slim, laptops.
First, it has the 360° hinge that is more useful than a clamshell and sturdier than a hybrid 2-in-1.
Next, its designers have banished the typical bland polished aluminium for a beautiful bronze anodised finish. It looks different, better (to borrow an Aldi saying).
And if you have the cash (it starts at $1,899, but you really want to spend $2,999), you can get the latest and fastest everything.
What is a Yoga?
The Lenovo Yoga Family is a consumer-verging-on-prosumer line of 360° hinge ultralight laptops. It gets its name from the Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which is the adoption of specific bodily postures.
It sits below the ThinkPad and IdeaPad commercial range and above its Lenovo V (Value range).
Models include the 300, 500, 700, 900 (360°) and ThinkPad versions. Niche marketing at its best.
It was also the ‘sub-brand’ that Lenovo tried so hard to establish with a supposed hip, above-the-line advertising campaign last year.
Here is the TVC – love it or hate it.
Australian website here.
Our review model is the top-of-the-range Lenovo Yoga 920 (14) 920-13IKB Model 80Y7 – who dreams these numbers up. Online order price as tested is $2,999.
- Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8/2.4MHz (i5-8250U available)
- Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 9-inch UHD 4K IPS 300 nit Touchscreen (FHD option)
- 16GB PC4-19200, 2400MHz DDR4 RAM (soldered on the motherboard – 8GB option)
- 512GB PCIe 3.0 x 4 lane NVMe SSD (soldered on the motherboard 256GB option)
- Battery and USB-C 65W charger
- Wacom based Lenovo Active Pen 2 (option)
- 720p webcam
- JBL Tuned Dolby Audio Premium certification 2W x 2, quad array microphone, combo audio/microphone jack, Dolby Atmos-ready
- Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi AC, QCA 61x4A, 2 x 2 MIMO and BT 4.1
- Fingerprint reader and TPM Chip
- 1-year warranty return to Lenovo (upgradable to 3-year $185.90 option)
- 1 x USB-A 3.0
- 2 x USB-C 3.1 Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 323 x 223.5 x 13.95 mm x 1.37kg