Oppo’s selfie reputation shines with this camera.
ISO 344, 1/25 sec, 3.9MB. Its new 3-HDR effect works well, and the colours are accurate. Face mapping AR stickers are fun.
3,200 pixels high with excellent colour, detail, sharpness and contrast.
It does not have OIS or EIS. It does have some AIS (artificial image stabilisation) provided by the Qualcomm.
Colour and details are fine but not as sharp as still images.
Slo-mo at 1080/120fps and 720/240fps was interesting. It records at the normal rate and plays back at the slower rate.
Oppo says AI can identify “up to” 120 scenes, such as shots of animals and greenery.
The rear camera has portrait mode and various soft lighting options, including film light, tone light, and more.
GadgetGuy’s take – great specifications and performance in the mid-tier market
IP rating (new), great camera in most light conditions, cool body colours. It is very close to the flagship level but a few hundred dollars cheaper.
It obviously appeals to the younger market – as much as I love Ruby Red or Cosmic Purple, it is not for me.
The R15 Pro is the successor to the R11 and R11s. Ruby Red option is one of the best-looking phones you’ll see in 2018.
- 28” display and a very high Screen to body ratio – flagship screen
- Thin and good in the hand
- Youthful coloured chassis
- Hard to take a bad photo
- Great selfie camera
- 6/128GB plus internally formattable microSD
- VOOC charging
- IP rating
- Really would have liked OIS on the main camera but that makes for a thicker device
- Overall: 4.2 out of 5
- Features: 5 out of 5 – As a mid-range, it is 5 out of 5. Take off a point if comparing it to a flagship
- Value for Money: 4 out of 5 – There are some really strong contenders including last years flagships.
- Performance: 5 out of 5 – The best mid-range processor with some flagship performance
- Ease of Use: 4 out of 5 – Colour OS
- Design: 5 out of 5 – Ruby Red, Cosmic Purple – yes we are shallow
OPPO R15 Pro, OPPO R15 Pro, OPPO R15 Pro, OPPO R15 Pro, OPPO R15 Pro, OPPO R15 Pro, OPPO R15 Pro,