But the typical buyer is one that appreciates light/décor/ambience styling. The more I test Philips Hue, and other energy-efficient RGBW LED lights – the more I understand their use and integration with OK Google, IFTT et al.
What I will say is that Philips Hue is an ecosystem-based around the Philips Hue Bridge (a Zigbee controller) and that adds cost over Wi-Fi lights. The benefit of a Bridge (or Bridges) is that you keep the traffic off the home Wi-Fi and it allows you to place Bridges out of Wi-Fi range (you still need to get Ethernet to them – that is what Ethernet over Power is for).
- Dimmable 0-100% without hardwired dimmer
- 16 Million colours and 50,000 shades of white 2000-6500°K
- 6.6W each or 530 lumens maximum
- 2m cable
- Power adapter supports up to three Philips Hue Play Light Bar
- Includes desk (portrait) and table (horizontal) stand for each bar as well as mounting tape etc
- 2-year warranty but lamps has estimated 25,000 hours life