Deep Bass: 20-40Hz – hints building
Middle Bass: 40-100Hz – stronger and building
High Bass: 100 to 200Hz – flat
Low-mid: 200-400Hz – flat
Mid: 400-1000Hz – flat
High-mid: 1-2kHz – flat
Low-treble: 2-4kHz – flat
Treble:4-6kHz – flat
High Treble: 6-1kHz – slight dip to reduce harshness
Dog whistle: 10-20kHz – flat to 16kHz and hints to 20kHz
This is a native warm and sweet sound signature (best for music and movies), but the EQ allows it to be almost anything bass to balanced. You can’t ask for much better from a tablet.
Battery: EXCEED but fail on supplied charger
- 7040mAh – Samsung claim is 12/13 hours Wi-Fi/Video Playback
- 5V/1.55A/7.7W is not fast charge – over 5 hours
- We tested with a variety of USB-C PD chargers, and it does fast charge in under two hours
- Idle: .4mA – should last a month at idle
- Video: 1080pl 50% brightness; aeroplane mode – 16 hours
- Typical use with Wi-Fi: 14 hours
- Battery Drain Test (web surfing and 150 nits): 13 hours
- 100% Load: 5 hours
- T-Rex: 8.28 hours and 1472 frames
Build – EXCEED
244.5 x 154.3 x 7.0 x 465g (plus charger)
Appears to be an alloy frame and back (it could be plastic, but it simply does not feel like it)
S Pen – EXCEED
The S Pen is what it is – and it is an active pen with 4096 pressure levels. The Wacom Digitiser detects the pen and generates an RF power field when it is within 1cm.
And it is perfect as it is although palm rejection is sometimes hit and miss. That is mainly if you lift the stylus more than 1cm from the screen.
The single button brings up PenUp and Notes. It also has Screen Write and will search on your scribble.
It magnetically clips to either long side or docks in the Book Cover.
Android – EXCEED
- Google Android 10
- Security patch 1 June 2020
- Google Assistant and a full suite of Google apps
- One UI 2.1 – light and smooth
- Bixby and usual Samsung apps, Microsoft, Netflix and Spotify
- Face Unlock is unreliable – 30-40% of the time it did not work. No fingerprint scanner]
- Note that some apps only work in landscape mode.
Camera – PASS+
Rear: 8MP, f/1.9, 1.12um, 64.3° FOV, Contrast AF, [email protected] S5K4HA
It is a good all-around performer, but its 1.12um pixels means lower light performance is just tolerable. Auto HDR; QR; Digital Zoom, and Scan shot for text and whiteboard. No flash, EIS or OIS
Front: 5MP, f/2.0, 1.12um 56.9° FOV, Contrast AF [email protected] S5K5e9
Fine for video conferences and selfies but again the 1.12um pixels are not the best in low light/
Lots of Samsung smarts as well as beauty filters and stickers
GadgetGuy’s take – Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite does the job beautifully
I get really tired of other reviewers comparing everything to Apple. Because it is not iOS. It is an Android tablet and proud of it – it is what it is.
In this case, a no-frills, perfectly serviceable 10.4” Android tablet at a very affordable price.
It is also not a Galaxy Tab S6 ‘light’ version because it is half the price and about half the power. But as a tablet, it is a perfect content consumption device and great for video conferencing or reading the digital newspaper. I love its Google Duo groups feature, but you do need the Book Cover.
It gives you the screen real estate you need when you are researching something. The S Pen is good as a doodler/cursor/stylus/to chew on… It is a perfect non-Amazon Kindle reader as well.