A 2MP sensor will just output FHD 1920 x 1080p but, this takes a lot of storage space and internet bandwidth. Choose the minimum acceptable resolution for your needs, e.g. 1080, 720 or 480.
It records incidences (a 10-60 second clip) on the inbuilt SD card for up to seven days and shows live video.
Live view is up to two minutes. As this is over the internet, there can be a lag of a few seconds.
The infrared night view is adequate.
Audio is one way – from the camera – and mic sensitivity is acceptable.
Image quality is adequate for the task, but if you want higher quality, there are better (meaning higher bandwidth) and more expensive cameras.
Suitable for baby monitoring, observing family members, watching pets, and any indoor or outdoor area.
It is a competent consumer quality wireless security camera. There are better cameras (costing much more) and many worse. The reality is that security cameras universally do not provide great colour or images. They are there to record details.
In that respect it is fit for purpose but don’t even begin to think of wireless IP camera’s unless you have a good internet connection (NBN 50Mbps or better) and while you can place a camera up to 20 metres away you will need a Wi-Fi repeater for longer distances or to use the faster 5GHz band.
I urge you to think about your whole home security needs before buying one camera. You may need multiple cameras, door and window opening sensors, remote door lock, smart lights, intercoms etc.
- Does what it claims out of the box
- Easy app setup and camera pairing
- Provides acceptable images and details
- Can work while charging
- Good battery life
- Live viewing lag is frustrating – not the camera’s fault
- Sound volume is lower than expected
- Way too many notifications until you get the PIR sensitivity and camera angle right
- Easy to steal it from the magnetic mount – all your images are on the camera
- If you expect glorious HD images look at 4K cameras at much higher cost
- Overall: 4
- Features: 4.5 out of 5 – has everything you need
- Value for Money: 4 out of 5 – multiple packs are cheaper
- Performance: 3.5 out of 5 – Fit for purpose as a security device
- Ease of Use: 4 out of 5 – Android app and pairing is easy
- Design: 4 out of 5 – still concerned at how easy it is to pull it from the magnetic mount