Price (RRP): $49.99
Based on the Mark Millar comic book of the same name and entirely reversing aspects of the central premise, relative newcomer James McAvoy convincingly fills the boots of Wesley Gibson, son of the greatest assassin of all time and heir to the title.
After his sleepy, unfulfilled life is overturned by the gorgeously dangerous Fox (Angelina Jolie), Wesley learns the secrets of his new trade under the rather silly and bizarre tutelage of assassin leader Sloan (Morgan Freeman). Somewhat spoiled by the stupidly unquestioning behaviour of the members of ‘The Fraternity’ who, incredibly, take their orders from a weaving loom, the action in Wanted is nevertheless exciting, fun and relentless.
With a nice plot twist and a surprising late turn of events occasioned by Jolie’s character, this is great entertainment with tons of brilliant stunts and decent acting, once you’ve switched your brain to ‘sleep’ mode.
- Uncut version – too hot for cinemas
- BD-Live – My Wanted Commentary, My Scenes Sharing, My Chat, Behind the Scenes vignettes, Avatars, Trailers
- Blu-ray Exclusive U-Control – Assassin Profiles, Picture in Picture, Wanted: Motion Comics, Scene Explorer
- Alternate Opening
- Extended Scene
- Cast and Characters
- Stunts on the L Train
- Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible
- Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution
- The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life
- Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov
- The Making of Wanted: The Game
- 8 videogame codes
- Format: Blu-ray version reviewed, also available on DVD
- Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (English), DTS 5.1 Surround (Spanish), DTS 5.1 Surround (French)
- Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
- BD live features?: Yes
- Video format: 1080p
- Running Time: 110 minutes
- Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish