Samsung proves that Parra does matta
If it is good enough for the Power House, its good enough for Samsung. It is going west to prove – Parra does matta.
Samsung has set up a pop-up experience centre – its Galaxy Studio – at Westfield Parramatta. It is open until 17 May.
The aim – to create an innovative and immersive space. So, Westies get the chance to go hands-on with the newly released Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Sure, it is a blatant sales pitch. But hey – Parramatta is 37km west of its George Street Mall Shop. Sadly, things have been a little too quiet in the big smoke with the light rail construction close by. And let’s not mention that road!
The Galaxy Studio showcases Samsung’s latest mobile innovations. It explores S9/S9+ features like the Super Slow-mo camera; personalised AR Emojis; and Samsung Pay functionality.
To sweeten the deal, there will be giveaways of ice cream on Saturdays and coffee on Sundays from 1.30pm to 3.30pm until 17 May.
“We want our customers to have the ability to express themselves in new ways, redefining how we use our smartphones to share and consume content. The newly released Galaxy S9/S9+ represents Samsung’s commitment to creating new experiences for Australians. The Galaxy Studio is an exciting environment for people to come along, interact with our products, and have some fun,” said Garry McGregor, Vice President, IT and Mobile, Samsung Electronics Australia.
Samsung’s Galaxy Studio – Parra does matta
The Galaxy Studio at Westfield Parramatta is designed to immerse shoppers in all aspects of Samsung’s mobile technology. Its experience zones include:
- Interactive Table – Explore the key features of the Galaxy S9/S9+ through unique touchscreen interactions
- Super Slow-mo Studio – Take a slow-motion video with the Galaxy S9/S9+, choosing from various scenarios and props including feathers and balls, and then share it on the wall. Each week until 17 May 2018, the visitor who creates the most creative slow-motion video and shares via social media (Instagram or Facebook) with the hashtag #GalaxyStudioSydney will win a Galaxy S9.
- AR Emoji Gallery – Create a personal emoji using the Galaxy S9/S9+ and share the GIF file via email.
- Alpine Skiing – Experience a skiing simulator while the Gear Fit2 Pro records your heart rate in real-time and lets you know how many calories you burned during your workout
- 4D Theatre – Enjoy Treasure Hunter, a virtual reality shooting game using the Gear VR’s motion sensing controller.