Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is opening ‘the Vault’, releasing ‘the one that started it all,’ Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in high definition Blu-ray for the first time ever, on 14 October 2009.
The historic and highly-anticipated release fittingly launches an all-new product line – Disney’s Diamond Collection. The new Diamond Collection brings audiences the most immersive and highest-level viewing experience that includes unparalleled features, exclusive high-definition content and updatable experiences, superior picture and sound, and much, much more.
The Diamond Collection debut of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will keep audiences spellbound for hours with exciting content exclusive to this historic release, presented with spectacular newly restored picture and 7.1 Digital Theatre System Hi-Def Surround Sound. Utilising the latest in technology, possible only by the power of Blu-ray, the release includes Disney Smart Navigation, allowing the magic and personality of Disney characters to come to life as never before. Disney Family Play, the ultimate interactive Hi-Def experience, offers a variety of immersive games, activities and unprecedented levels of personalisation and customisation features, to transform how families experience home entertainment together. The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition is a Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack (2 Blu-ray discs + DVD).
Snow White Diamond Edition bonus features
- Hyperion Studios – Audiences are digitally transported to 1937 to discover first-hand the Hyperion Studios, the original studio Walt Disney himself built and where Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was conceived and developed. Viewers will virtually walk the halls of this historic landmark experiencing life at Hyperion Studios back in the 1930’s. This amazing ‘Backstage Disney’ feature contains newly dimensionalised archival photos, animator recordings, archival transcripts and rare footage of Walt himself revealing how Disney’s gifted filmmakers crafted the very first animated feature.
- Magic Mirror – Using the latest in Blu-ray technology, the iconic Magic Mirror guides the audience through the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition features with ease serving as the ‘host’ for an incredibly immersive experience. The Mirror will recognise viewing patterns, knows where the audience has left off and will even suggest where to navigate next. This marks the first use of artificial intelligence in a Disney Blu-ray release and provides viewers the control to personally create a customised Snow White experience.
- DisneyView – Disney’s pioneering animated feature is brought to the modern era of widescreen high definition viewing by allowing the user to expand their viewing experience beyond the original aspect ratio of the film. Utilising Disney Blu-ray technology, acclaimed Disney artist Toby Bluth was able to ‘draw’ beyond the borders of classic full frame cinema and fill the otherwise dark edges of the screen with beautiful custom imagery, giving audiences a new view of their animated classic favourite.
- About Toby Bluth – Disney artist Toby Bluth tells how the movie inspired him to create the superb DisneyView art.
- What Do You See? – To win this exciting interactive game, players must untangle scrambled images.
- Jewel Jumble – Players put jewels from the Dwarfs’ mine in the proper order to win this game.
- Scene Stealer – Allows viewers to upload a personal photo and experience life as one of the Seven Dwarfs – on-screen in the actual film.
Price and availability
The 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has an RRP of $49.95, and will go on sale 14 October, 2009.