Sony Ericsson today unveiled the W705 Walkman phone that combines advanced wireless connectivity with the best-in-class audio experience on a mobile device. This latest product underpins Sony Ericsson’s commitment to provide consumers with an enhanced mobile entertainment experience.
Using Wi-Fi to connect to broadband hot spots, consumers can use their W705 to go online for the best songs or most popular YouTube clips. With Clear Bass, Clear Stereo and premium headphones, the W705 delivers a sound that has crystal clear clarity and is dynamic, rich and natural.
The W705 includes popular Walkman features such as the music recognition application TrackID, SensMe, for matching your mood to the music and Shake control to change tracks with the flick of your wrist.
The W705 has a metal finish combined with a large screen, and is a ‘slider’ for of phone. Pictures and movies can be uploaded via Wi-Fi to any social networking site for all to see. The phone also has auto rotate capability, allowing to choose between between vertical and horizontal viewing mode.
- Award-winning clear audio experience – listen to music as it was meant to be heard
- Direct search to online music – Go online for the best songs and most popular videos on YouTube
- Wi-Fi and DLNA certified – connect the way you want
- Shake control – switch tracks and control the volume with the flick of a wrist
- SensMe – create playlists based on mood rather than artists or genres
- Large 2.4″ screen – view websites and emails with high clarity
- Automatic rotation – switch from portrait to landscape with just a tilt of the phone
- Google Maps for Mobile – never get lost again
- 3.2 megapixel camera – snap and share your favourite images via Bluetooth
- FM radio with TrackID – listen to the radio while on the move
- 4GB memory card – store up to 3900 songs
Price and availability
The Sony Ericsson W705 Walkman phone is available now at a RRP of $649.