Sony IFA 2018 announcements covered robot
Kenichiro Yoshida, President and CEO of Sony Corporation stressed that Sony will enhance both creator and user engagement to get closer to people.
“Our electronics products play the vital role of connecting creators that produce stunning audio and visual contents with users who enjoy them.”
Please note that not all products will be available in Australia.
Sony IFA 2018 announcements – Home entertainment
- WH-1000XM3 has major improvements to Noise Cancellation technology with the newly-developed HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1. It delivers up to four times greater performance. It can now negate low-range noises from aeroplanes, mid to high-range noise such as street noise and human voices. Available in black or platinum silver from September for A$499.95
- SRS-XB501G EXTRA BASS Wireless Speaker with Google Assistant – Available in black and blue from October for A$399.
- SRS-XB01 EXTRA BASS Wireless Speaker – Available in black, silver, blue, red, yellow and green from October for A$49.
- WF-SP900 truly wireless waterproof and dust-proof sports headphones. Internal memory lets customers play music with or without a smartphone. Available in black, white and yellow from November for A$499.95
- DMP-Z1 digital music player utilises a high-output analogue amplifier and a unique independent power system to deliver the ultimate sound.
- IER-Z1R in-ear stereo headphones have an amazing frequency response of up to 100 kHz playback
IER-M9 and IER-M7 in-ear stage monitor headphones
- BRAVIA MASTER (Europe market at this time) AF9 series of 4K OLED TVs and the ZF9 series of 4K LCD TVs with Picture Processor X1
- And a suite of suite of voice assistant-compatible AV devices that can play music, provide news or other information, and control IoT devices such as room lights.
Xperia XZ3 – new flagship with curved 3D OLED screen (from September)
- 6.0”, QHD+ (2880×1440) 18:9, HDR OLED
- BRAVIA OLED TV X-Reality for mobile will ‘up-convert’ SDR content to near HDR
- Front stereo speaker and Dynamic Vibration System for an entertainment experience.
- New smart user interface (UI). Side sense using AI for one-handed screen navigation
- AI to predict the apps, and quick settings users want to use next, based on their lifestyle including time of day, location, and usage frequency and places them within easy reach.
- Rear camera2 Motion Eye with ‘Smart launch’ AI that instantly prepares camera when users hold their phone up in landscape mode for seamless photography.
- Selfie 13.2 MP and a bright new F1.9 lens, skin tone touch-ups and capturing background bokeh.
- Android 9 Pie
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Water and dust resistance, Qi wireless charging compatibility, and much more
DSC-HX99 and DSC-HX95 are the two newest models in the Cyber-shot series
- World’s smallest ultra-compact body
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 24-720mm high magnification zoom lens. Wide-angle to super-telephoto in a single package
- 4K video footage
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second
- Highly accurate Fast Intelligent AF.
- Other new features include Eye AF technology, RAW format output, touch focus/touch shutter, as well as supporting the location information link via Bluetooth.
Autonomous entertainment robot aibo has sold over 20,000 products since launch in January 2018.
Sony will continue delivering new ideas that expand what is possible in the field of electronics by combining its imaging and audio technologies, sensors, and mechatronics with AI, robotics, mobile communications, and more.
Sony IFA 2018 announcements, Sony IFA 2018 announcements, Sony IFA 2018 announcements, Sony IFA 2018 announcements