To celebrate the return of the world’s most enduring secret agent, Sony Australia has unveiled a blockbuster consumer promotion. For every $50 spent on participating Sony products, consumers will have the opportunity to win one of seven world-class Bond-style adventures.
“James Bond epitomises sophistication, quality and international appeal, which is a perfect fit with the Sony brand,” said Toby Barbour, Head of Strategy and Brand Development, Sony Australia.
“Sony Australia is combining technological innovation with entertainment content to deliver the energy and intensity of Bond like no other. From the latest XBR series Full HD BRAVIA LCD TVs with RGB Backlight LED, to our new Blu-ray players with BD-Live functionality, Sony’s leadership in high definition combines with one of the world’s most powerful movie franchises,” said Barbour.
The promotion started on 27 October 2008 with daily draws over 62 days. In addition, thousands of daily prizes, including PlayStation 3 consoles, 007 DVD box sets, Adrenalin vouchers, Greater Union double-movie passes and BigPond Music download credit will be awarded. As an additional incentive, on selected Sony products, a range of exclusive gifts with purchase will also be offered.
The seven main prizes, worth up to $30,000 each, include:
- UK Bond Adventure – visit the Beaulieu Car Museum in Hampshire (formerly MI6 Headquarters). Take an extreme ride along the Thames in a jet boat and enjoy dinner at the famous Rules restaurant, before suiting up in style at one of London’s famous Saville Row tailors.
- Italy Bond Adventure – travel to Italy to live the high life. Indulge in a famed Sienna spa, enjoy a guided visit to the “Bottini” Underground waterworks, dine at one of Italy’s top private wine cellars and relax in five star boutique luxury.
- LA Bond Adventure – receive an exclusive invitation and tour of a private car collection at the Galpin Aston Martin. Dine with a Hollywood stuntman followed by a set visit and live stunt demonstration to practise your own action hero moves.
- Monte Carlo Bond Adventure – it’s the lifestyle enjoyed by movie stars, royalty – and secret agents. Experience a helicopter transfer from Nice airport to Monte Carlo, before trying your luck at the Grand Casino in Monte Carlo. Then, enjoy some relaxation with access to a marine day spa followed by lunch.
- Sydney Bond Adventure – get your adrenalin racing with a series of extreme adventures. Travel to Sydney for a prize pack including a helicopter sightseeing tour, an extreme boat ride of Sydney Harbour and a day behind the wheel of an Aston Martin Vantage. Then, relax with some fine dining and luxury accommodation.
- Las Vegas Bond Adventure – experience the thrills of the Las Vegas nightlife. Receive return Limo transfers to and from the airport, try your luck at the gaming tables with a croupier/gambling lesson, receive a race car driving experience and then get the best views of the Nevada desert with a Grand Canyon helicopter sightseeing tour.
- 007 Cash Bond Adventure – receive an attache case filled with $15,000 cash and design your very own custom Bond adventure.
For more information on this promotion visit http://www.sony.com.au/objects/other/bond/index.html
Double your chance of winning with QR codes
For a double chance of winning, scan the associated QR Code on your mobile phone. Click the link on the mobile site home page to receive a unique code via SMS. For consumers who cannot scan the QR code, an SMS mechanism will also be available to unlock the password. Simply SMS the word ‘CODE’ to 1999BOND to receive an SMS back with a unique code. Consumers can then enter this unique code online to receive double the entries in the daily prize draws when purchasing Sony products.
About QR Codes
QR (or ‘Quick Response’) Codes are a new type of barcode designed to be read by mobile phones. Compatible 3G phones equipped with a camera and the correct reader software can scan these codes, revealing an interactive multimedia experience or redirecting the viewer’s phone to a URL.
Sony’s partnership with Telstra gives Next G network customers a seamless competition experience in more places. Next G customers with compatible handsets need only launch Telstra’s pre-installed Telstra Code Reader from their My Place phone menu and point their mobile phone cameras at competition codes to access video-rich clues for free (Video clues are also available free to mobile phone users on the Vodafone and 3 networks).