According to The Australia Institute, Australians throw away up to $5.3 billion worth of food per annum. This includes $2.9 billion worth of fresh food and $876 million in leftovers. Sunbeam FoodSaver VAC660 is the new Sunbeam FoodSaver VAC660 vacuum packaging system, which helps keep foods fresh up to 5 times longer than conventional storage methods.
The appliance works by extracting air from specially designed bags and canisters to create a commercial quality seal. This prevents the oxygen and moisture in air from deteriorating the flavour, texture and nutritional value of different foods. Other benefits of the home vacuum packaging system include:
- Buying in bulk: save money by buying fresh meat in larger quantities and save in portion sizes in the fridge or freezer, according to household needs
- Marinating in minutes: vacuum packaging opens the pores in meat, poultry and seafood absorbing marinades in as little as 10 minutes
- Resealing: half consumed packets of chips, crackers and cereals can be resealed at any time to stay crisp for longer
- Minimising odours: FoodSaver Bags ensure odours are not emitted during storage. A perfect solution for seafood lover
- Reheating: soups, stews and sauces stored in FoodSaver Bags can be easily reheated in the microwave or in water on a low simmer
- Seasonal produce all year: seasonal vegetables and fruit, such as asparagus, berries and stone fruit, can be enjoyed all year by vacuum sealing to retain freshness
The Sunbeam FoodSaver VAC660 features a contemporary design including a neon control panel for easy, touch button operation. Vacuum seal with a choice of speeds or the additional pulse and seal only options. A removable drip tray makes it easy to remove liquids trapped during the sealing process.
The appliance comes with a variety of accessories including a canister, ideal for biscuits and other dry pantry goods, five pre-cut bags, a 28 cm roll plus bottle stopper and accessory hose. Food stored in FoodSaver bags can withstand refrigeration, freezing and the re-heating process.
Price and availability
The Sunbeam FoodSaver VAC660 is available now, at an RRP of $249.