iolo technologies today unveiled new version 9 of System Mechanic, its flagship computer tune-up product. Complimenting hundreds of enhancements, dozens of new features and full Windows 7 compatibility, the new version’s cornerstone is formed by the exclusive and industry-first Tune-up Definitions.
These weekly updates based on research from iolo Labs continually teach the product about the latest PC performance issues as they manifest and evolve in real time, keeping it agile, safe, powerful, and able to automatically diagnose and resolve a growing list of nearly 10,000 unique computer problems.
Currently used globally in six languages by 23 million people to keep more than 70 million computers in like-new condition, System Mechanic has been the #1 best-selling PC tune-up software for several years according to NPD, and is consistently rated at the top of its category by authorities such as PC Magazine, Laptop Magazine, and Network World. Repeatedly first-to-market with breakthrough features and technological innovations including full Windows 7 compatibility (since February 2009) and 64-bit compatibility (since November 2008), System Mechanic 9 aims to offer significantly smarter, faster and deeper tune-ups than prior versions, as well as any other similar product or service available. After nearly two years of focused research and development, new version 9 represents exclusive technological developments in this next generation of PC tune-up and is a worthy heir to a venerable 11 year product legacy.
System Mechanic 9 is now powered by a database of nearly 10,000 independent Tuneup Definitions, which instruct the product on how to diagnose and resolve newly discovered PC performance issues. With weekly updates based on extensive ongoing research from iolo Labs (iolo technologies’ independent research arm), Tune-up Definitions empower the product with information that allows it to literally become increasingly effective over time.
Speed was a top priority in new version 9, with iolo engineers combing through every existing tool and function in order to optimize the product and push the performance envelope. As a result, scans, cleanups and repairs are faster; deep system analyses are up to 30 percent quicker, and iolo’s patent-pending idle-time maintenance technology, ActiveCare®, has an even lighter footprint than before.
Breakthrough discoveries from iolo Labs researchers have uncovered a multitude of previously unknown core problem areas in Windows 7, Vista and XP that can become significant culprits in the eventual PC clogging, slowdowns, crashes, and freezes. System Mechanic 9 targets all these new problem areas which, among other things, allow the product to detect roughly 5 times more registry errors, and defragment memory up to 25 percent more thoroughly.
1. Tune-up Definitions: using a constantly updated set of Tune-up Definitions from iolo Labs to understand the behavior and impact of the various settings, programs, and services on PCs, System Mechanic 9 can identify and repair specific problem areas unique to each PC’s specific configuration; much the way an antivirus program uses Virus Definitions to identify specific threats. With Tune-up Definitions, the product literally gets smarter and more effective the longer you use it.
2. EnergyBooster: gives PCs an instant turbo-boost by using Tune-up Definitions to safely identify and temporarily turn off non-essential background programs. It offers raw performance for gamers, video and sound engineers, artists, web designers, stock traders, and other serious computer users, and can also automatically revert to prior settings when performance-critical tasks are finished.
3. Total Registry Revitalizer: incorporating new version 9’s dramatically increased registry error detection, the new Total Registry Revitalizer provides complete all-in-one care for the Windows registry, combining registry backup, repair, cleaning, compacting, and defragmentation in one seamless tool.
4. Desktop Health Status Gadget: the new Desktop Health Status Gadget for Windows 7 and Vista provides a realtime, at-a-glance report of your system health, security, and overall status, with a running feed of completed repairs and optimizations and quick access to commonly used System Mechanic tools, such as Memory Mechanic and the new EnergyBooster.
5. Incinerator for Recycle Bin: System Mechanic’s military-grade Incinerator® technology is now integrated into the Windows Recycle Bin, providing both standard file deletion, as well as a Department of Defense 5220-22M compliant file shredding technique for maximum security when the need to securely remove confidential data arises.
Registry Tuner: based on extensive research from iolo Labs, System Mechanic 9’s registry cleanup and repair technology has been exponentially improved with up to 5 times higher problem detection rate, as well as improved overall speed and efficiency of scans.
Startup Optimizer: fueled by newly expanded Tune-up Definitions that include information about thousands of new programs and services researched by iolo Labs, System Mechanic 9’s Startup Optimizer tool speeds up Windows start-times like never before.
Memory Mechanic: has been completely reengineered for improvements in both speed and effectiveness. Memory defragmentation works up to 85 percent faster with no more memory repagination delays, and up to 25 percent more memory is freed due to increased memory leak detection effectiveness.
Privacy Cleaner: activity log tracks left by dozens of new programs can be securely removed by the improved Privacy Cleaner, which now employs military-grade Incinerator shredding techniques. Newly supported programs include all major web browsers, online chat programs and web toolbars.
All-in-One PC Cleanup: System Mechanic 9’s all-in-one PC Cleanup PowerTool has been greatly enhanced with additional junk file detection techniques, including the ability to identify new patterns exclusive to Windows 7, Vista, and the latest XP service packs.
Smarter Boot-Time Tune-ups: Critical boot-time tune-up procedures are now able to be controlled by users so they only run when intended and never get in the way when the PC needs to be started quickly. These operations can now be limited to preferred times of the day, and can easily be skipped or postponed as needed.
Pricing and availability
System Mechanic 9 is distributed in Australia by Lako Pacific and is available as a retail box version at suggested street price of $79.95 from major retailers like Harvey Norman, Officeworks & City Software or as a download from the iolo website.
System Mechanic 9 is automatically available at no charge to all users of System Mechanic who have an active service plan, which provides constant access to Tune-up Definitions as well as product updates and upgrades.