Wondering what songs you’ll be able to play on The Beatles: Rock Band videogame? Well, after the announcement of the first 10 songs, then the subsequent 15 songs, the game makers have today revealed the next 19 songs, listed below.
That brings us to a total of 44 songs – the game though will have 45 songs, so they’re keeping the last track as a secret, until launch on 9 September 2009 I expect. Let’s hope it’s not one of the ‘post-Beatles’ – “Real Love” and “Free as a Bird” – songs put together from old demos for the Beatles Anthology. I mean I want to play The Beatles: Rock Band, not Kinda Sounds Like ELO: Rock Band.
There’s still no Australian pricing announced, only US prices, which are:
- The Beatles: Rock Band Software – Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii: $59.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars – Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii: $99.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii: $249.99
And just in case you’ve forgotten, September 9 also sees the long looked forward to release of the digitally re-mastered Beatles catalogue on CD. My money is on 9 September 2009 as best day of the year!
Now, to the press release and the list of 19 songs:
18 August 2009, Australia – MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today revealed 19 more of the 45 on-disc tracks that will be featured in The Beatles™: Rock Band™ – leaving all but one song a mystery. A gameplay trailer featuring ten of the 19 newly announced songs can be viewed by visiting www.thebeatlesrockband.com.
The newly announced 19 songs represent a cross-section of hits and favourites that span The Beatles’ storied career from “A Hard Day’s Night” and “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” to “Ticket to Ride” and “Something,” bringing the total number of announced songs to 44.
The Beatles: Rock Band 19 New Songs Revealed With Featured Venues:
- “Boys” / Cavern Club
- “A Hard Day’s Night” / Ed Sullivan Theater
- “I’m Looking Through You” / Shea Stadium
- “If I Needed Someone” / Shea Stadium
- “Ticket to Ride” / Shea Stadium
- “Drive My Car” / Budokan
- “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Getting Better” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Good Morning” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Hello, Goodbye” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Hey Bulldog” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Dear Prudence” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Helter Skelter” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Something” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Come Together” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- “Don’t Let Me Down” / Rooftop Concert
- “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” / Rooftop Concert
- “I Me Mine” / Rooftop Concert
The Beatles: Rock Band allows fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums to experience The Beatles’ extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band’s legendary career. From the early touring days in 1963 Liverpool to the immortal, final performance on the Apple Corps rooftop, fans can follow in The Fab Four’s footsteps as they traverse the globe during the height of Beatlemania.
The Beatles: Rock Band – video trailer