Travroute Australia has announced the Australian release of ALK Technologies ?CoPilot Live Laptop 10 edition?, an easy-to-use GPS navigation system designed for laptops and Ultra-Mobile PCs (UMPCs).
Rather than paying for an expensive personal navigation device, Laptop 10 provides the CoPilot software and GPS receiver to fit onto an existing laptop or UMPC, making it the perfect companion for those hitting the road in search of Australia or those just in search of a client?s office!
?CoPilot Live benefits from ten years of refinement and provides the most sophisticated laptop GPS solution currently available? says Dan Titus, Senior Vice President of Mobility Solutions for ALK Technologies.
?This latest version includes significant map data updates provided by NAVTEQ. We have also added several new user-suggested functions.?
The NAVTEQ® map data is the latest version on the market and includes over 12.5 million addresses that help enable accurate destination input and guidance. Also included are new roads, new streets, new neighborhoods and new points of interest such as petrol stations, schools and safety cameras.
- Enhanced 3D map display, with distance to destination, moving maps, and turn arrows.
- Spoken turn-by-turn directions to any address in Australia, coast to coast with sophisticated text to speech technology pronouncing complete road names: ?In 200m turn left onto Herrontown Road?.
- Customizable routing profiles, giving you complete control over what kind of roads CoPilot favours (highways, local roads, etc.)
- The option to create, share and customize your own voice or download new voice sets
- A database of 700 safety cameras
- Automatic speech volume adjustments tied to vehicle speed
- Toll road alerts
The software comes in three packages:
- Software only (for those who already own a GPS receiver) RRP $299.95
- Software with USB receiver (GPS receiver connects via your USB port) RRP $399.95
- Software with Bluetooth GPS receiver (wireless GPS connectivity) RRP $399.95
Source: Travroute Australia