Uniden has updated its popular iGO CAM 80, 4K smart dash cam adding a new bundle – the iGO CAM 85 which has a review view camera as well. And the UPP 1000 offers 100W peak – more than enough to get you and your car going.
We reviewed the iGO CAM 80 here stating, “The iGO CAM 80 4K has just changed our mind about dashcams – it is everything you expect from a top-of-the-line dash cam.”
The latest addition to the Uniden iGO range is the iGo CAM 85 (website here) that includes 4K resolution (3840 x 2160p) and a Full HD rear-view dash cam, with a 160 degrees ultra-wide viewing angle, allowing users to capture incidents 360 degrees around the vehicle.
New supercapacitor technology replaces unreliable rechargeable batteries and offers superior backup power to cover long periods when a car is parked. It has also added a Wi-Di link to a smartphone to allow for footage upload to an Android or iOS app. A new Wide Dynamic Range sensor captures low light and brings out details in shadows or brightly lit areas.
If you add a hardware kit, you can enable a parking mode feature that records all those shopping centre bingles.
It is available from major hardware and electrical retailers – RRP $349.95
Uniden Jump-Start Kit UPP1000 with USB-PD
This 1000W jump start unit will crack over petrol engines to 7l and diesel to 5l, making it a handy addition to any car or small truck.
- 10,000mAh offering multiple starts, 500W start and 1000W peak with a 1000 discharge life cycle
- Jumper cables with Smart clamp detection (won’t work if you get +/- wrong)
- Waterproof IP67 and shockproof
- LED flashlight
- Power bank for USB devices – 5V/3A, 9V/2A, and 12V/1.5A (18W) USB-PD
- Rechargeable via a USB-A or C wall adaptor or cigarette lighter socket
- Website here
- Price $199 from major retailers and vehicle accessory retailers
This looks like a handy addition to any car, and the bonus is USB-C PD fast charging for any device up to 18W (smartphones or tablets – not laptops).