WD has introduced a new media player into its range, the WD TV Live HD media player. As easy to use as its predecessors, like the WD TV HD Media Player and the WD TV Mini, the WD TV Live HD media player allows you to easily get video and music content from your computer, or from a flash drive or external hard drive, and have it play on your TV.
Connecting the WD TV Live HD media player to your TV, either by HDMI or composite cabling, and you be able to playback the following file types:
- Video formats: AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9
- Photo formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Music formats: MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS
Simply plug in a flash drive or external hard drive, or even a digital camera or video camera, and your content will playback. You’re also able to connect via Ethernet cable, or plugging in a USB WiFi dongle, and have content play directly from your computer.
- Full-HD 1080p video playback and navigation with the included remote control and animated navigation menus
- Play a wide variety of file formats including support for a wide variety of the most popular file formats with no need to spend time transcoding
- Ethernet port for wired or WiFi connection to access files anywhere on the network to play movies, music, and photos from any PC or drive on a home network
- Turns a USB drive into an HD media player and plays content from most popular USB drives, and digital cameras, camcorders, and portable media players that can be recognized as mass storage devices
- Unlimited media collection, just add more USB drives for more space;
Two USB ports for seamless media playback from multiple USB drives and ability to access them simultaneously while a media library feature collects the content on all the drives into one list sorted by media type
- Transfer files by copying, moving or deleting files stored on a USB drive, a network drive, camcorder, or a camera to the attached USB drive using the on-screen menus
- Picture Transfer Protocol support to show photos and movies directly from digital camera or video camera and or any digital imaging device that supports Picture Transfer Protocol
- Advanced navigation options including thumbnail and list views, media library and search
- Photo viewing to create custom slide shows, zoom and pan and search
- Movie viewing with fast-forward, rewind, pause, zoom and pan, view subtitles, and search
- Music playback with fast-forward, rewind, pause, shuffle, repeat and search
- File copying between USB devices
- HDMI 1.3 port, composite video and component video output for the highest quality HDTV or home theatre
- SPDIF digital output that sends digital signals to your AV receiver for the best surround sound experience
Price and availability
The WD TV Live HD media player has an RRP of $199, and is available now.